• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Red Ken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from Red Ken

Received letter today from Ken proposing a Low Emission Zone for diesel buses, lorried, van etc all inside the M25. £200 daily fee to enter if the vehicle does not meet emission stds.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/low-emission-zone/default.asp

He has asked for feedback on the proposal.

I'm going to tell him to stick it up his
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 17 November 2006, 19:22.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Received letter today from Ken proposing a Low Emission Zone for diesel buses, lorried, van etc all inside the M25. £200 daily fee to enter if the vehicle does not meet emission stds.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/low-emission-zone/default.asp

He has asked for feedback on the proposal.

I'm going to tell him to stick it up his
    A massive compliance cost for lorries which particularly harm independent suppliers of produce and other goods to London, who can't yet afford a new lorry.

Are the oversubsidised empty buses low emission ?

Show us the cost benefit Ken, you commie bastard !

Comment

You got it wrong Lucy, those buses arent under used...they are over used, over priced and under subsidised!

For the love of allah, if you want people to get out of their cars increase routes, frequency and quality of public transport and slash the prices of using said public transport!

I know, I know...its only fair!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        You got it wrong Lucy, those buses arent under used...they are over used, over priced and under subsidised!

For the love of allah, if you want people to get out of their cars increase routes, frequency and quality of public transport and slash the prices of using said public transport!

I know, I know...its only fair!

Mailman
        I'm not sure where you are, but the buses I see clogging up the Strand everyday are empty.

Subsidies were only re-introduced in 99, the price without would be £1.60.

I am not opposed to public transport, I just want user pays.

If your worry about people using their cars is 'global warming' you might want to do a bit of research on that one. Science is not consensus.

Comment

According to that geezer who just released some kind of paper based on science the car is the anti-christ and along with aviation travel is solely responsible for green house warming!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            According to that geezer who just released some kind of paper based on science the car is the anti-christ and along with aviation travel is solely responsible for green house warming!

Mailman
            Geezer is the word.

Step away from the BBC and have a look at some other research, you might be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              That should clear Londons streets of most of the empty buses then. Will it apply to Polish lorries though? Will it feck.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Geezer is the word.

Step away from the BBC and have a look at some other research, you might be surprised.
                Now I know you're definitely not female. Too logical
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  That should clear Londons streets of most of the empty buses then. Will it apply to Polish lorries though? Will it feck.
                  It is actually a way of trying to get non-UK vehicles to pay their share...

As with all of Ken's schemes it will probably be a bucket of s hit.

(Just who paid for Ken's return ticket to Cuba ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    It is actually a way of trying to get non-UK vehicles to pay their share...

As with all of Ken's schemes it will probably be a bucket of s hit.

(Just who paid for Ken's return ticket to Cuba ?)
                    If it's anything like the Congestion Tax, they will have to pursue non-payers through the courts. Fat chance of getting any cash from the ones who are halfway to Krakow by the time someone checks the cameras. Bucket of shit is about right.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X