• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car

Write off

Sorry to hear that. Got to look on the bright side though - pending an insurance pay out you get to choose some new wheels.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Buy it back for salvage value, give it a polish and flog it on via fleabay for a profit... sorted
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

More important question is what would be the cost of claim? That is asked on form for new insurance, let's say the agreed value of car is £X and they pay it, but since it's the other party fault they should be able to recover it, hence the question - would that reduce the "cost of claim" that I'll have to declare when applying for insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Write off
          You will have a visit by a horrible man called a loss adjuster. His job is to give your car the least value. He we try and get away with offering you the trade in value in “Glasses Guide”. What you need is NOT the trade in price but the showroom price.
          Your job will be to argue back.

BTW. Did the air bags go off?

1. Collect adverts with prices for similar cars for sale.
          2. If you are unsatisfied, you can sue. You can even sue for consequential losses. Sue the driver not the insurance company.
          3. You could buy your car from the insurance company and have it repaired by yourself.
          4. A lot of write offs are shipped to Cyprus for repair. The repair standards in Cyprus are better than the UK.
          http://cyprusautorepairs.com/en/home-4/

Car shipping to Cyprus £350 to £500 ish
          http://www.seakargo.com/
          Last edited by Paddy; 10 May 2017, 13:41.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

More important question is what would be the cost of claim? That is asked on form for new insurance, let's say the agreed value of car is £X and they pay it, but since it's the other party fault they should be able to recover it, hence the question - would that reduce the "cost of claim" that I'll have to declare when applying for insurance?
            I don't know how is it in the UK, but normally, if the repair is less than the commercial value of your car, shall be eligible for repair. What we need to be careful is that the value of your car in your insurance should reflect exactly the commercial value of your car.

Comment

Bugger - my claim value would have to be given regardless of the fact if (and they will in this case) get it covered by 3rd party

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                I don't know how is it in the UK, but normally, if the repair is less than the commercial value of your car, shall be eligible for repair. What we need to be careful is that the value of your car in your insurance should reflect exactly the commercial value of your car.
                It isn't in this case.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  Sorry to hear that. Got to look on the bright side though - pending an insurance pay out you get to choose a new hairdressers car.
                  FTFY

Sorry AtW, couldn't resist
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Write off
                    It least you weren't written off. Though it will be hard to tell. I suppose if in a months time there are loads of squirrels dying from starvation in Bham that would be a clue.

Comment

Working...
                    X