PDA

View Full Version : They are telling me to save water and not fixing their fecking leaks

SueEllen
11th May 2017, 17:34
I knew it would happen but did expect it now - linky (https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/11/water-companies-losing-vast-amounts-through-leakage-raising-drought-fears)

Fears of a drought are rising after an exceptionally dry spell and water companies are asking customers to save water, but the vast amount of water that leaks from company pipes every day has not fallen for at least four years

:mad

Major companies across the south and east, including Thames, Anglian and Southern have seen no significant reduction and one company, Essex and Suffolk Water has seen leaks rise by 15%, according to the Ofwat figures.

:mad :mad

Oh well least the food crops I'm growing are herbs that are well established.

scooterscot
11th May 2017, 17:37
Jeremy not the only one suffering from leaks today eh?

SlipTheJab
11th May 2017, 18:03
I knew it would happen but did expect it now - linky (https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/11/water-companies-losing-vast-amounts-through-leakage-raising-drought-fears)

:mad

:mad :mad

Oh well least the food crops I'm growing are herbs that are well established.

Skunk I take it? :smokin

MrMarkyMark
11th May 2017, 18:07
Skunk I take it? :smokin

Sues Mary Jane has a nice ring about it.

:cool2:

ChimpMaster
11th May 2017, 18:14
You know there's only one way to fix this.

Vote Labour and nationalise the Utilities so that they're not run as profit-leeching businesses any longer.

original PM
11th May 2017, 18:17

Vote Labour and nationalise the Utilities so that they're not run as profit-leeching businesses any longer.

Iii cos getting a unionised workforce to do it would help....

MrMarkyMark
11th May 2017, 18:17

Solved :laugh

darmstadt
11th May 2017, 19:01

Vote Labour and nationalise the Utilities so that they're not run as profit-leeching businesses owned by damn foreigners any longer

FTFY ... (beat me to it...)

Paddy
11th May 2017, 21:00
Just got wet coming back from the pub

ChimpMaster
11th May 2017, 21:01

Mushi?

DimPrawn
11th May 2017, 21:02
Pissing down here.

vetran
11th May 2017, 21:22

Reading 50 shades again?

BrilloPad
12th May 2017, 11:28
When the Welsh declare independence they are going to start selling water to the English. My neighbour reckons he will get enough to buy his sheep suspenders.

northernladyuk
12th May 2017, 11:30
When the Welsh declare independence they are going to start selling water to the English. My neighbour reckons he will get enough to buy his sheep suspenders.

So does he currently hire his sheep suspenders?

Paddy
12th May 2017, 12:01
Regen Donner und Blitz again!

The_Equalizer
12th May 2017, 12:10

It only took six months to get a new phone line from British Telecommunications.

SueEllen
12th May 2017, 12:30
It only took six months to get a new phone line from British Telecommunications.

Don't move house then.

(And OpenReach are just as bad. )

OwlHoot
12th May 2017, 12:35

Luxury! It took a year or more to get a phone from the GPO

and you could have any colour you liked, as long as it was black bakelite. :D

SueEllen
12th May 2017, 12:42
Luxury! It took a year or more to get a phone from the GPO

and you could have any colour you liked, as long as it was black bakelite. :D

Would tell you not to move house but I know this is the first telephone for that house ever.