• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

]British firms offering non-UK nationals an average of 28 per cent more than locals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

]British firms offering non-UK nationals an average of 28 per cent more than locals

Brexit: Number of foreign tech job applications down 50% since EU referendum vote | The Independent

For those eligible for European citizenship, this might be a good argument for getting it.

British firms are offering non-UK nationals an average of 28 per cent more than local applicants in order to fill job vacancies, according to Hired.
    You can get a significant premium, simply by not being British
    I'm alright Jack

Tory Scum might just get what they want - big reduction in immigration, starting with those who actually were of great use to this country.

For a non-EU national British passport has big advantage of being also EU, now that won't be the case, taxes here go up, value of Sterling dropped and most likely will drop again - why risk going here when somebody good can go to Germany, France or many other countries in EU?

Doomed!

Comment

starting with those who actually were of great use to this country
      Why on earth would they start with them? There is nothing to stop the UK allowing in highly skilled, useful migrants. We hopefully won't have free movement which allows in many of low skills who do nothing for our GDP per capita, but the EU is hardly going to ban emigration, to the UK or any other country.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Why on earth would they start with them? There is nothing to stop the UK allowing in highly skilled, useful migrants. We hopefully won't have free movement which allows in many of low skills who do nothing for our GDP per capita, but the EU is hardly going to ban emigration, to the UK or any other country.
        Oh for fecks sake - those people would NOT want to come here anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          He doesn't get it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They may not at the moment due to uncertainty over the future because their right to work here is determined by EU rules which are under threat. However, that uncertainty won't exist when they are allowed to work here under rules that are set by the UK government. The rest of your "reasons" are just conjecture.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 14 May 2017, 21:01.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Most outside the EU who apply for British citizenship are Commonwealth citizens. Can't see any evidence at all that they mainly do so to get to work in the rest of the EU as you appear to be suggesting. People mostly go to countries where they can be with others of their own culture. There's about 5 times as many Indians in London as in the whole of Germany.

The idea that most non EU migrants come to the UK so they can work elsewhere in the EU is nonsense, frankly.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 14 May 2017, 21:16.
              bloggoth

Comment

They may not at the moment due to uncertainty over the future because their right to work here is determined by EU rules which are under threat. However, that uncertainty won't exist when they are allowed to work here under rules that are set by the UK government. The rest of your "reasons" are just conjecture.
                Where can I get a copy of the new UK rules?
                You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

However, that uncertainty won't exist when they are allowed to work here under rules that are set by the UK government.
                  1. The direction of travel in this country changed from welcome to anti-immigrant - that's the only clear incoming UKIP Govt policy

2. Rules could be changed in 5 minutes, including retro-spectively (happened with HSMP and only judicial review forced them to rollback, they must have known they'd lose in EUCJ, now it won't be the case)

3. Value of British passport without also being EU passport is seriously diminished.

4. Taxes high, services low - value of Sterling is low - EURO zone looks far more attractive

UKIP successfully whipped up anti-immigrant climate and now Tory Scum have absorbed policies from their proxy Hezbollah-like force - "strong and stable" Govt that is going to get landslide only darkens the future outlook.

Comment

There's about 5 times as many Indians in London as in the whole of Germany.
                    Maybe if Britain colonized Germany it would be the other way around

Comment

Working...
                    X