• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Europe Netherlands/Belgium - NATO etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Europe Netherlands/Belgium - NATO etc

I have followed some of the threads for Netherlands/Belgium and understand that it is complex for tax (understatement).

My question relates to expenses - hotel/travel etc.

I understand there was a change in the UK to not allow any expenses.... making contracting beyond a reasonable commute as less attractive (very).

So - NATO is 'not public sector UK' as not on FOI list - so outside IR35?

Still - should you use your PSC or an umbrella?

Is there anything you can do to be 'efficient' about your hotel/travel costs.... or does it all come out of after tax income?

If you are working in Netherlands or Belgium why you are mention IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      If you are working in Netherlands or Belgium why you are mention IR35?
      Thanks - Bee - I have mostly been working in the public sector in uk - I mentioned here to discount it applying with a starting point of assuming I could use my current ltd company and accounting as if in an outside ir35 role in the uk....

Comment

Originally posted by John Lane View Post
        Thanks - Bee - I have mostly been working in the public sector in uk - I mentioned here to discount it applying with a starting point of assuming I could use my current ltd company and accounting as if in an outside ir35 role in the uk....
        Hi, not sure about in Belgium. But I think in the Netherlands you will need to work through a payroll company, sort of like an umbrella here. You will not be able to claim expenses etc, but you may qualify for the 30% rule. I don't think the Netherlands recognises your Limited company. Nothing to worry about regarding IR35 as that is to do with UK HMRC and a position based in ntherlands / Belgium will not be subject to HMRC unless you are working from home in the UK and also if you can pay UK NI instead of Dutch / Belgian.

Comment

Working...
        X