• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want my money back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my money back

Just downloaded a compilation entitled "80s: 120 Original Hits" from iTunes (yep, I'm a big 80s gal reliving all the club anthems from back in the day ) but I feel I've been cheated.

You see, the track entitled (We don't need this) Fascist Groove Thang by Heaven 17 IS NOT the original version.

The original contains this lyric: "Democrats are out of power \ Across that great wide ocean \ Reagan's president elect \ Fascist god in motion"

Whereas this version has: "Democrats are out of power \ Across that great wide ocean \ Bush has proved you can't elect \ Fascist god in motion"

Now, while Glenn Gregory is still in evidence on vocals and I don't massively feel cheated, would it be splitting hairs to contact iTunes and point out that they are in breach of the trades description act by selling material which puports to be "original 80s" while the truth of the matter is that at least one recording on the album was remixed post 2000 and would I be entitled to any redress?

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Just downloaded a compilation entitled "80s: 120 Original Hits" from iTunes (yep, I'm a big 80s gal reliving all the club anthems from back in the day ) but I feel I've been cheated.

You see, the track entitled (We don't need this) Fascist Groove Thang by Heaven 17 IS NOT the original version.

The original contains this lyric: "Democrats are out of power \ Across that great wide ocean \ Reagan's president elect \ Fascist god in motion"

Whereas this version has: "Democrats are out of power \ Across that great wide ocean \ Bush has proved you can't elect \ Fascist god in motion"

Now, while Glenn Gregory is still in evidence on vocals and I don't massively feel cheated, would it be splitting hairs to contact iTunes and point out that they are in breach of the trades description act by selling material which puports to be "original 80s" while the truth of the matter is that at least one recording on the album was remixed post 2000 and would I be entitled to any redress?
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...V7AQ7GkP3xRsug

Comment

Now, while Glenn Gregory is still in evidence on vocals and I don't massively feel cheated, would it be splitting hairs to contact iTunes and point out that they are in breach of the trades description act by selling material which puports to be "original 80s" ...
      Er, George Bush Snr became president in 1989. So technically, that version was from the '80s

Case dismissed - Next!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Er, George Bush Snr became president in 1989. So technically, that version was from the '80s

Case dismissed - Next!

Nope.

The lyric was changed for the '93 Rapino Brothers remix.

So I still want my money back.

Comment

Nope.

The lyric was changed for the '93 Rapino Brothers remix.

So I still want my money back.
          Sorted. I will send it back now. Will be in your drawer in 12 days.

Comment

Working...
          X