• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching in Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching in Contracting

Hi All, What is the best way to switch fields in contracting? I want to switch from .Net to Python. Thank you

Originally posted by Bhav View Post
    Hi All, What is the best way to switch fields in contracting? I want to switch from .Net to Python. Thank you
    Bes thing to do is to pop all of the questions you have about it (and contracting generally) and send it to NorthernLad. He is always keen to hand hold people through the basics of contracting.

HTH
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I think using a switch in the office will get you arrested.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The best way is to bleed your radiators first.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          The best way is to bleed your radiators first.
          Wrong - you lick the chutney spoon.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I always love the fact people can't read -

"All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously."
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You have to man up and show them you own the place. Let them know who the Billy Big Bollocks is and they'll soon be choking down pole.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Bes thing to do is to pop all of the questions you have about it (and contracting generally) and send it to NorthernLad. He is always keen to hand hold people through the basics of contracting.

HTH
                +1 It's even better if you send him each question one by one so he can think about it carefully while formulating the correct response.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  +1 It's even better if you send him each question one by one so he can think about it carefully while formulating the correct response.
                  If you do not get an immediate response, a premium service is available for a fiver in the end cubicle of the gents at Wigan Wallgate.

Comment

My advice would be to start writing python now, just start. If your client complains and tells you they wanted a .net app, tell em to **** off.

You don't tell a plumber what kind of wrench they use.

If the client still doesn't see reason then use your right to substitute, find a decent python programmer and let him deal with your unreasonable client.

Comment

Working...
                    X