• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh FFs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh FFs

East London child deaths are due to parents being RELATED | Daily Mail Online

One in five child deaths in east London borough are because the baby's parents are RELATED
    Redbridge Council heard 19% of 200 child deaths due to parents being related
    Report showed genetic defects were causes of death between 2008 and 2016
    Nine per cent of the infant deaths were in Pakistani families, council heard
    'Educational programmes' have been rolled out to warn parents of dangers
    Time to ban marriages amongst cousins or closer.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Well that'll be half of Cornwall fecked then.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      fine, Norfolk might have issues as well.

No fear or favour!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        and the Isle of Wight

Ofsted chairman quits after Isle of Wight 'inbreeding' comments
        Ofsted chairman quits after Isle of Wight 'inbreeding' comments

and the royals

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Time to ban marriages amongst cousins or closer.
          So what degree of kinship is permitted that's closer than cousins?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            So what degree of kinship is permitted that's closer than cousins?
            Half brothers and sisters, not uncommon for some cultures to have more than one wife, although only one is 'offical' in this country.

One family my wife has had to deal with had produced seven profoundly disabled boys, both physical and learning difficulties before they stopped. All need 24 hour 2 to 1 care.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              Half brothers and sisters, not uncommon for some cultures to have more than one wife, although only one is 'offical' in this country.

One family my wife has had to deal with had produced seven profoundly disabled boys, both physical and learning difficulties before they stopped. All need 24 hour 2 to 1 care.
              Was this a half-sibling relationship or a cousin relationship?

I heard years ago when I was a teenager that this is a major problem in parts of the Middle East e.g. Saudi.

There are also female Labour MPs in the NW who campaigned to stop cousin marriages in their local communities due to the impact it had on the children and families. The national Labour party wasn't impressed....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Was this a half-sibling relationship or a cousin relationship?

I heard years ago when I was a teenager that this is a major problem in parts of the Middle East e.g. Saudi.

There are also female Labour MPs in the NW who campaigned to stop cousin marriages in their local communities due to the impact it had on the children and families. The national Labour party wasn't impressed....
                My wife only told me they were related. She only got involved when they had to take 3 of them, that the parents had tried to look after at home, back into care.

The parents had them tied up in a cellar, they wanted the greatly enhanced carers allowance that comes with profound disabilities.

Cultural sensitivities should not be given precedence over the very real harm that consequently takes place. Also it just gives the intolerant more and very real ammunition to demonise. Western liberal democracies should be robust in not allowing unhealthy practices just because its 'traditional'.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

My wife only told me they were related. She only got involved when they had to take 3 of them, that the parents had tried to look after at home, back into care.

The parents had them tied up in a cellar, they wanted the greatly enhanced carers allowance that comes with profound disabilities.

How sad.

Comment

Cultural sensitivities should not be given precedence over the very real harm that consequently takes place. Also it just gives the intolerant more and very real ammunition to demonise. Western liberal democracies should be robust in not allowing unhealthy practices just because its 'traditional'.
                    Funnily enough most of the first cousin marriages I know about are in white British population.

The problem with some other cultures is because they marry cousins over generations, like the Royal families did in Europe, even if they aren't marrying a first cousin they are still too closely related if there is a blood or other genetic disorder in the family.

I know one of my school friends' sisters' married a second cousin and the subsequent birth defects were due to this. As a result my friend and her next sister married who they liked pointing this out to their parents. The parents were devastated to have sick grandchildren.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X