• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strong & Stable or Out of depth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong & Stable or Out of depth

Voters think May is 'determined' and Corbyn 'out of depth' | Daily Mail Online

Determined May, out-of-depth Corbyn, smug Sturgeon and WEIRD Farron: Exclusive poll for MailOnline lays bare public attitudes to the leaders vying for our votes on June 8
    Populus poll asked what descriptions voters would use for main party leaders
    Theresa May was widely viewed as 'determined' and 'standing up for Britain'
    Jeremy Corbyn was most often called 'weak' 'out of his depth' and 'indecisive'
    SNP's Nicola Sturgeon was 'determined' but also rated highly for 'smug'
    Lib Dem leader Tim Farron was most likely of leaders to be called 'weird'

or

or

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It seems it's Corbyn that is the only thing stopping Labour doing well in and maybe even winning the election.

I wonder if there's still time for Corbyn to come over all peculiar (not a euphemism for Dianne Abbott ) step down and Labour to wheel out David Miliband for a surprise election result.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      It seems it's Corbyn that is the only thing stopping Labour doing well in and maybe even winning the election.

I wonder if there's still time for Corbyn to come over all peculiar (not a euphemism for Dianne Abbott ) step down and Labour to wheel out David Miliband for a surprise election result.
      One problem David Miliband isn't an MP or even in the House of Lords.

They do have other MPs who they could roll out and do fine as they don't have such militant backgrounds.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They do have other MPs who they could roll out and do fine as they don't have such militant backgrounds.
        Tony Blair?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Tony Blair?
          Very luckily he's not an MP either.

Comment

Very luckily he's not an MP either.
            So are you going to name one or shall we just carry on guessing?

Comment

They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

However I bet after Corbyn loses catastrophically he'll still refuse to go.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Indeed. The question is which party will take over as main opposition based on number of seats. I reckon it could be SNP.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  They could give him Corbyn's constituency.

I did wonder if with the snap election we'd get a snap leader swap. And the LibDems could have got Clegg back too who surely is better.

It was written in some paper two weeks ago that.

He will only going immediately if there is another hard left Labour leader in the wings , otherwise he will wait until the Labour party conference where a change in the Constitution means they can always get a hard left leader....

Comment

If Brexit goes wrong people won't care if Labour are hard left, they'll simply vote for them just to punish the government.

A hard left Britain outside the EU could be an interesting prospect from an academic political science point of view

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X