• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least I achieved something worthwhile last weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least I achieved something worthwhile last weekend

I taught the neighbour's French bulldog, that I was looking after on Saturday morning, to "head" his rubber ball.

To start with he tried to catch it in his mouth, but by careful aiming away from his mouth and encouragement each time it bounced off his head, he eventually stopped trying to bite the ball and obviously started deliberately headbutting it back to me, and he has a pretty good aim now, bouncing it back to me almost every time!

Next trick - skateboarding! although that may take a bit more patience.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

You trying to get on Britain's Got Talent? Or is your plan B a YouTube channel?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh, I love Frenchies!

I'm a little concerned that they're getting very trendy, though, and this has led to a lot of unscrupulous breeding through puppy farms.

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Oh, I love Frenchies!

I'm a little concerned that they're getting very trendy, though, and this has led to a lot of unscrupulous breeding through puppy farms.
          Some of them apparently have back problems, but this one seems pretty fit and healthy.

I don't really approve of breeding dogs with such flat faces, which can affect their breathing and sense of smell, and large heads, which require caesarians for their birth.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I taught the neighbour's French bulldog, that I was looking after on Saturday morning, to "head" his rubber ball.

To start with he tried to catch it in his mouth, but by careful aiming away from his mouth and encouragement each time it bounced off his head, he eventually stopped trying to bite the ball and obviously started deliberately headbutting it back to me, and he has a pretty good aim now, bouncing it back to me almost every time!

Next trick - skateboarding! although that may take a bit more patience.
            And his owners will now wonder why he appears to have lost the ability to catch, after they spent ages teaching him
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X