• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharia law anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharia law anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ay-sex-in-aceh

"Hundreds packed mosque’s courtyard to witness the canings in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia to practise sharia law"
    one day at a time

The EU are planning on introducing that here. Apparently.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Medieval savages...

one day at a time

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          Medieval savages...

I don't know some of the EU are progressive.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I don't know some of the EU are progressive.
            That word was hijacked by the far left some years ago.

In any case, it's totally meaningless because who's to say which direction, good or bad, they are progressing towards?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That word was hijacked by the far left some years ago.

In any case, it's totally meaningless because who's to say which direction, good or bad, they are progressing towards?
              Progressive == subversive

Comment

Savages.

Half of Leave voters want to bring back the death penalty after Brexit | The Independent

Comment

And 30% of Leave voters want the notorious and energy inefficient incandescent light bulbs back
                  (stifling an urge to let fly a very deep belly laugh at such execrable journalism )

I'm with them. Don't like energy saving bulbs and I don't like LED lights as they have no soul. This was particularly apparent a couple of Christmasses ago when I strung up some LED fairy lights & they just dodn't have the twinkle of the old style incandescent ones. Fortunately, there's a company called Noma that does a good range of the traditional old style ones.

Comment

So in reference to this, caning for consensual gay sex can't be criticised

Leftard discussion stifling.

Comment

Working...
                    X