PDA

View Full Version : So glad I don't watch any TV during weekdays

OwlHoot
24th May 2017, 14:17
In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame. :tired

SueEllen
24th May 2017, 14:19
There are other channels available on freeview that don't show the news e.g. Film4, Pick, Dave, ITV3.

Pip in a Poke
24th May 2017, 14:26
In my lodgings I use my TV only to watch films and suchlike (currently watching a DVD of Stressed Eric)

But if I watched BBC news, it would be hour after hour after hour, on the hour every hour, of obsessing and agonizing over the Manchester attack, yet again as always desperately trying to absolve the UK muslim community from any blame. :tired

And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).

OwlHoot
24th May 2017, 14:28
And people lining up to show they're more upset than the next person.

I do find it rather narcissistic (not people who have been directly affected, of course, but the usual assortment of 'slebs and their lachrymous outpourings).

especially celebs who say "we must stand firm", "this won't change us", etc, but then promptly cancel their gigs! :facepalm:

northernladyuk
24th May 2017, 14:43

An interesting article here for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_responsibility

I just need to test it
24th May 2017, 15:02
http://www.alapark.com/sites/alapark.com/files/styles/large/public/fishingQuickLink_1.jpg?itok=N_7Ipi-O

Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

He doesn't have to wait long....

northernladyuk
24th May 2017, 15:06
http://www.alapark.com/sites/alapark.com/files/styles/large/public/fishingQuickLink_1.jpg?itok=N_7Ipi-O

Owlhoot clicks on Post New Thread.

He doesn't have to wait long....

I guess some people like owly do enjoy exploiting the mass murder of children for their own entertainment.

VectraMan
24th May 2017, 15:07
I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.

northernladyuk
24th May 2017, 15:09
I thought this was going to be about Bargain Hunt being on EVERY day!

Yes I agree. It was terrible, but other things are happening, and there hasn't been very much actual news about Manchester. Just the same story being repeated. I turned on The Daily Politics earlier and they were talking about it too.

Psychocandy is usually on Jeremy Kyle if anyone fancies a change.

glebe digital
24th May 2017, 15:33
I put it on thinking surely the hand-wringing must be over by now....nope, still going!

Oh well back to the hunt for obscure Fluvia Lacerda pics (which is what afternoons were invented for in the first place, of course).

OwlHoot
24th May 2017, 15:33
I guess some people like owly do enjoy exploiting the mass murder of children for their own entertainment. ...

Not sure how that bizarre non sequitur conceivably follows from my post, but any excuse to bash a Brexiter I guess.

northernladyuk
24th May 2017, 19:06
Not sure how that bizarre non sequitur conceivably follows from my post, but any excuse to bash a Brexiter I guess.

I was replying to need to test it. So sorry you feel bashed.

DimPrawn
24th May 2017, 19:16

Ten minutes spent on the victims, the next 6 months analysing why the mass murderer was infact the real victim, of racism, intolerance, poverty, oppression by the well off etc.

The liberal :winker:s

xoggoth
24th May 2017, 19:23
I tend to record the BBC news these days then just skip through all the depressing bits, which is usually most of it. Maybe I should watch news on a commercial channel then I could just watch the adverts.

Seriously, I think fretting, or obsessing as some seem to on here, over all the problems one can't do anything about does not do us any good.

SueEllen
24th May 2017, 19:40
I tend to record the BBC news these days then just skip through all the depressing bits, which is usually most of it. Maybe I should watch news on a commercial channel then I could just watch the adverts.

Seriously, I think fretting, or obsessing as some seem to on here, over all the problems one can't do anything about does not do us any good.

You can watch it on iPlayer

quackhandle
24th May 2017, 20:20
lachrymose - I learnt a new word today.

qh

xoggoth
24th May 2017, 20:24
You can watch it on iPlayer

Much same thing really. Even the local news was all about Manchester today. The only worse thing was about an art exhibition featuring Tracy Emin's unmade bed.