• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to find a good IFA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a good IFA

Hi everyone

I have an IFA (an old friend), who attempted to set me up with some life insurance (a relevant life plan through my limited co). Just found out that 6 months on, the ins co are still waiting for some of the paperwork.

Any idea where I can find one can go about finding a decent IFA?

Thanks
    Lou

There should be a few good ones in this list.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
      Hi everyone

I have an IFA (an old friend), who attempted to set me up with some life insurance (a relevant life plan through my limited co). Just found out that 6 months on, the ins co are still waiting for some of the paperwork.

Any idea where I can find one can go about finding a decent IFA?

Thanks
      Lou
      I use Wealth Matters for this kind of stuff.

Comment

Excellent - thanks a lot!

Comment

To BBP, of course...

Comment

I can't help feeling that the misnomer "INDEPENDENT Financial Advisor" should be Brough Superior to the attention of the trading standards people because I have never found one that is truly independent.

They all want you to but some kind of product from which they are going to get kick backs or commission once they've strong armed you into signing up.

What I'd prefer is somebody truly independent whose services you pay for by the hour who can look at your situation and tell you the best thing you can be doing with your money.

Seriously, I could do with somebody like that as I'm so poor at financial planning but I wouldn't entertain seein an IFA because of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              +1 for Wealth Matters.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
                To BBP, of course...
                I see you've been posting serious questions in General for 10 years now. Might be best to start asking anything that's remotely serious/finance/contract related in the professional forums.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  +1 for Wealth Matters.
                  Has anyone used their WRAPS scheme? Is it any good?
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    How do their fees structure work ?

Comment

Working...
                    X