• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound's fall the worst devaluation in UK history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound's fall the worst devaluation in UK history

Sorry I don't subscribe, but you can get the gist from the link.

Basically previous devaluations led to an improvement in trade balance, this one hasn't.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/b...tory-czkfwhznc
    Last edited by sasguru; 29 May 2017, 09:27.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Sorry I don't subscribe, but you can get the gist from the link.

Basically previous devaluations led to an improvement in trade balance, this one hasn't.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/b...tory-czkfwhznc
    Now you're just talking the economy down.

Comment

"This was predicted but dismissed by the Brexiteers as Project Fear which turns out to be Project Reality."

Reads one comment in the article.

The Times and other Murdoch owned media owed Brexit during the campaign and now they're playing the other side. Must be cool to play with countries like we might do with the board game monopoly.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        "This was predicted but dismissed by the Brexiteers as Project Fear which turns out to be Project Reality."

The Times and other Murdoch owned media owed Brexit during the campaign and now they're playing the other side. Must be cool to play with countries like we might do with the board game monopoly.
        https://youtu.be/9EH1G4EwljM
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Now you're just talking the economy down.
          Exactly. The FTSE100 is higher than ever, so everything must be wonderful. Also on the plus side, I paid for my UK holiday just now, and it's 100CHF less than it would have been a week ago.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Exactly. The FTSE100 is higher than ever, so everything must be wonderful.
            Exactly. Personally I think we're exiting the 'delusion' period. This could be the most wildest ride any of us will witness in our lifetimes. Buckle up dorothy cause kansas is going bye bye.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

But how can you separate the end of the natural economic cycle from brexit?

What will be the end of an economic cycle which is founded through years of ultra low interest rates and quantitive easing?

The crash is coming, but it was coming anyway.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                The crash is coming, but it was coming anyway.
                But the sensible thing to do when you know you're going to crash, is apply the brakes. Not accelerate towards the incoming object.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I paid for my UK holiday just now, and it's 100CHF less than it would have been a week ago.
                  Clacton-on-sea caravan Park again?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm in shock.

I think there is a positive view for this from the Brexiters perspective, that is becoming less attractive for the Eurozone immigrants.

Comment

Working...
                    X