• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland - Unattractive to immigrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland - Unattractive to immigrants

Election 2017: Davidson says immigrants find Scotland 'unattractive' - BBC News

That must suck, I wonder how the Scottish people feel about that? Gutted I guess.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

That must suck, I wonder how the Scottish people feel about that? Gutted I guess.
    Scotland must be pretty unattractive to Scots judging by the number of expats scattered all over the UK and Europe...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I like Ruth Davidson, she is a canny politician - but she is talking sh*te if she thinks that tax is the reason that immigrants favour the rest of the UK over Scotland, I doubt most Scots, and probably even more immigrants, would have any clue about the difference in income tax rates between England and Scotland (40% rate kicks in £2k earlier).

Comment

Ich finde Davidson unattractive to voters - lets see if the polls agree in a couple of weeks.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Scotland must be pretty unattractive to Scots judging by the number of expats scattered all over the UK and Europe...
          Not at all. Just prefer to live in a democratic country.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Not at all. Just prefer to live in a democratic country.
            You mean you like living in the EU where we keep voting until we get the 'right' answer?

Or where your politicians deny what they are doing until its too late to stop it?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The EU is a country now? Education Education Education screamed Blair. What went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The EU is a country now? Education Education Education screamed Blair. What went wrong?
                Michael Gove.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  Michael Gove.
                  You hit the nail on the head there...

Feckin mosie's everywhere tonight.

Comment

Well done Scotland. Just got to get that policy sorted in the rest of the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X