• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Police State

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Police State

90 days detention without charge, Bliars regime has gone mad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6162946.stm

I'd agree with that (including myself being detained) so long as those who were detained over 7 days and NOT convicted in court, will get payout that raises in geometrical progression with the time they were held, let's say 90 days detention without charge and failure to get conviction will result in £1 mln payout - this would make system pretty balanced, ok they can get you for 90 days but you get a cool mil out of it, fair enough eh?

Comment

I think £1 million is a little excessive - we'd have to foot the bill for their incompetence. I think your salary should be paid for the time, your company reimbursed for their inconvenience and losses, expenses incurred on both sides should be paid and compensation for the damage to your reputation and career of £50k should cover it. Selling your story to the papers would cover any excess.
      I was TheMonkey

Comment

It should be done in steps, say each week past 30 days doubled up, so max payout at 90 (8 weeks) is say £100k, so starting amount is £1k, or something like this - I personally would not mind against it since highly unlikely chance that myself will be taken will be balanced out by a nice cash payout, such payouts will need to be kept public so that performance of this measure is known.

Comment

Surely you mean past 14 days then it's 1K, then for each week past that its 2K, up until point when no return past 4 weeks it is 4K ?

Because past 2 weeks it is no longer than past the point of 4, so therefore 3 weeks is the point when you are 1 week after 2 and it must be 3K, although if you have reached 4 weeks then it is 5K ?

Although at 5 weeks, hedgehog past 2 weeks is now 7 weeks, and squirrel minus 3 weeks is still only 4 weeks which is 5K, but that is becoming 4 nipple-clamp weeks and as such within the 1 month limit of lemon haze.

But at 1 month you are anal-fisting 4 weeks which is less than 5 weeks and therefore you have 21 days at 1K plus 7 days included at 2K, plus 7 more alien space craft have landed on my boxers at 2K for a total of of 5K.

If this is the case, then please be explicit, because your figures make as much sense as this post does to an elephant with gonnohrea on 6 weeks at 9K past the 5 week limit smack my pony with a wet kipper after 6K ?
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

No, I mean this:

a) up to 28 detention is free
            b) anything above up to 90 days in case of lack of or failed conviction in court awards automatic compensation which starts at £1k for the first week and doubles every next week thus reaching over £100k at the end of 90 days.

The award should be high for long period of time (ie 90 days): I think minimum is £100k, probably £200-300k - personally I would be satisfied with this arrangement and can even hold out 90 days without posting on CUK

Comment

But if up to 28 days is free, although 29 to 90 days submarine is automatic dispensation for the 1st week diaorrhea, which is doubled every extra scrotal fungus week reaching 100K, then at 90 days surely you are 30 days past the 90 days of 100K of terminal entropy of the long term award ?

I think the award should be high as well for long period of time (ie 90 days) with a minimum anteater infestation of 100K, though probably £200 to-300K per midge. If this situation could hold out pistol for 90 degrees in the shade, then no post on CUK
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The actual amount is not relevant - but it should pretty high, £100k for 90 days is not bad, but okay make it £500k or even a mil, obviously making sure that award is given pro rata for part of the period after first 28 days, this would be a nice balance and I am sure more people would agree with such arrangement.

Comment

Knowing El Gordo, it would be 'means tested' and paid in the form of 'tax credits', which become active only after your death and are non transferable.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

The law of unintended consequences would then kick in - they would be more likely to fabricate evidence against you to prove their case, thus "managing" to keep their statistics low.

Happens with all their other projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X