• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has there been a more incompetent party leader than Teresa May?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has there been a more incompetent party leader than Teresa May?

I would have said Corbyn, but his performance in the past few days hasn't been too bad (faux pas yesterday notwithstanding).
    But May started with a massive lead in the polls and has squandered it with her ill-thought-out policies that target her own voters, leading to massive flip-flops. Her catchphrase "Strong and Stable" seems like a joke now, more like "Weak and Wobbly"

God knows why people think she would be competent - she couldn't reduce immigration in the Home Office despite promising to do so, her record on other issues is mediocre, she has no charm or any extraordinary skill that I can see. Basically the last mediocrity left standing after the Brexit fallout. She doesn't even really believe in Brexit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Millibean?

Comment

She has the makings of a "Conservative" Michael Foot.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brown

Comment

IDS
          Jeremy Thorpe

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Millibean?
            Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Brown
            Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            IDS
            Jeremy Thorpe
            She is in that league. Still expect a comfortable election victory for the Tories though.
            The real fun will start in the next election when the Wrexit shit has hit and stuck to the fan.
            That's what Jezza is counting on.
            Last edited by sasguru; 31 May 2017, 07:46.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              She is in that league. Still expect a comfortable election victory for the Tories though.
              The real fun will start in the next election when the Wrexit shit has hit and stuck to the fan.
              That's what Jezza is counting on.
              yup it will be interesting, the reality of Brexit is going to really kick in, when the lorries are queued up in Folkstone, and prices soar in the Supermarkets.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

David Cameron.

2010 was the last time I really felt motivated to vote because I felt that Brown had to go.

I can remember driving up to Didcot listening to his speech at the Conservative Party manifesto launch where he was talking about his plans for a Big Society & I had to pull off the M4 and listen to what he was saying as it sounded so groundbreaking. I really thought, yes - this is a man with vision that I can vote for.

I never heard the "Big Society" soundbite again once he got into power.

A complete con artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  David Cameron.

2010 was the last time I really felt motivated to vote because I felt that Brown had to go.

I can remember driving up to Didcot listening to his speech at the Conservative Party manifesto launch where he was talking about his plans for a Big Society & I had to pull off the M4 and listen to what he was saying as it sounded so groundbreaking. I really thought, yes - this is a man with vision that I can vote for.

I never heard the "Big Society" soundbite again once he got into power.

A complete con artist.
                  Did you vote Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Did you vote Brexit?
                    Yes but I was a waverer.

I've always recognised the democratic deficit inherent with the present structure and the need for reform; something that did not seem to be forthcoming from Cameron's efforts at renegotiating our terms of membership.

Would probably vote the other way now though. So, yes, a Bregretter with buyer's remorse

Comment

Working...
                    X