PDA

View Full Version : burqa in Poland

diseasex
31st May 2017, 09:17
Just heard from a friend. That girl was walking down the street in burqa. Police was called , took all the data but couldn't confirm identity so the girl was taken to the station and inspect *face* by female police officer. Life of a Muslim in Poland oO

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 09:39
And?

All it shows is how backward Poland is.

There have been rich Arabs in London with wives, sisters, etc who have worn burqas as far as I can remember.

diseasex
31st May 2017, 09:40
And?

There have been rich Arabs in London with wives, sisters, etc who have worn burqas as far as I can remember.

Yep. bit over the top

NotAllThere
31st May 2017, 09:55
In many European countries you are required to prove your identity if asked by the police. If you are unable to, they may well detain you.

original PM
31st May 2017, 09:56
It is not over the top at all.

Wear a balaclava and run around the streets of any major city and the police will be asking questions about your identity.

diseasex
31st May 2017, 09:58
It is not over the top at all.

Wear a balaclava and run around the streets of any major city and the police will be asking questions about your identity.

*maybe* , just *maybe* they will be forced to live like locals and integrate better thanks to that?

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 10:01
*maybe* , just *maybe* they will be forced to live like locals and integrate better thanks to that?

Nope.

The very rich Arabs who come to London to buy expensive things never have been. In fact they have been specifically targeted by hospitals and universities.

diseasex
31st May 2017, 10:02
Nope.

The very rich Arabs who come to London to buy expensive things never have been. In fact they have been specifically targeted by hospitals and universities.

you're talking about rich saudi princes, I'm talking of average mohammad.

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 10:07
you're talking about rich saudi princes, I'm talking of average mohammad.

Thought the Polish historically had better principles than that....

oscarose
31st May 2017, 10:07
w.g.a.s

When in Rome etc

:o

diseasex
31st May 2017, 10:17

nope they hate muslims deeply. They think if you allow them to migrate they will either
a) try to islamize the country
b) do terrorist attacks
c) they will never integrate for generations.

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 10:33
nope they hate muslims deeply. They think if you allow them to migrate they will either
b) do terrorist attacks

Shows how ignorant people in Poland are then. As Islam is a religion anyone can find about it and then convert. In my local supermarket most of the women buying Halal food are wearing jeans with their hair uncovered let alone their face, and are of all skin colours.

diseasex
31st May 2017, 10:34
Shows how ignorant people in Poland are then. As Islam is a religion anyone can find about it and then convert. In my local supermarket most of the women buying Halal food are wearing jeans with their hair uncovered let alone their face, and are of all skin colours.

Go discuss with them then.

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 10:36
Go discuss with them then.

Nah...

Gibbon
31st May 2017, 10:36
A more sensible view:

Muslims should help full face veil disappear from UK within 20 years, says Baroness Warsi | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslims-full-face-veil-disappear-uk-20-years-baroness-warsi-islam-britain-niqab-a7763076.html)

TheGreenBastard
31st May 2017, 10:38
b) do terrorist attacks

Aah like the UK then.

Bradford and Oldham are lovely multicultural hotbeds.

sasguru
31st May 2017, 10:40
A more sensible view:

Muslims should help full face veil disappear from UK within 20 years, says Baroness Warsi | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslims-full-face-veil-disappear-uk-20-years-baroness-warsi-islam-britain-niqab-a7763076.html)

The funny thing is that you hardly saw a veil or burqa in the 70s, 80s and early 90s (only in Edgeware Road from the rich Arabs who summered in London).
It's the younger generation of Muslims who've made their identity all about Islam.

northernladyuk
31st May 2017, 11:05
The funny thing is that you hardly saw a veil or burqa in the 70s, 80s and early 90s (only in Edgeware Road from the rich Arabs who summered in London).
It's the younger generation of Muslims who've made their identity all about Islam.

It does appear to correlate with the global political decline of pan-Arab nationalism and the increase in Islamism.

NorthWestPerm2Contr
31st May 2017, 11:33
To be fair, the genuine perspective that there is no place for the Burqa in western society is not too unreasonable. So long as that is not a thinly veiled (ahim excuse the pun) strategy to get eventually ban/outlaw of every kind of religiously required/practised garment i.e. Nuns, Sicks etc. with specific target being Muslim women. The problem is it doesn't seem to be coming from a good place.

Bee
31st May 2017, 12:44
And?

Gosh, you are so rude!

The burqa is considered in many countries a safety issue.
There are European countries that forbid the use of burqa.
Marrocco is an Islamic country and already forbidden the manufacture, commerce, and use of burqa.

So, why Poland is backward.

And?

So what!
If they insisting in using burqa, you can take them all.

BrilloPad
31st May 2017, 12:54
Mrs BP thinks Muslims mistreat women making them wear black full clothes in the boiling hot while men get to wear white. Because the men can't keep their libido under control. She suggests men should be castrated or blinded(or in my case both).

Good to see the vast majority here subscribe to the Muslim view of repressing women. Well done folks. Keep it up.

:rolleyes:
(I miss EO)

diseasex
31st May 2017, 12:57
Mrs BP thinks Muslims mistreat women making them wear black full clothes in the boiling hot while men get to wear white. Because the men can't keep their libido under control. She suggests men should be castrated or blinded(or in my case both).

Good to see the vast majority here subscribe to the Muslim view of repressing women. Well done folks. Keep it up.

I'm trying to stay neutral as it's easy to accuse any polish of racism , just for a discussion about touchy topics.

original PM
31st May 2017, 13:18

(I miss EO)

I completely agree with this - it is nothing more than an instrument of control designed to dehumanise the person behind it - so they can be treated no better than goods or chattles.

But then people will probably call me racist for saying that.

BrilloPad
31st May 2017, 13:22
I completely agree with this - it is nothing more than an instrument of control designed to dehumanise the person behind it - so they can be treated no better than goods or chattles.

But then people will probably call me racist for saying that.

People should be free to wear what they want as long as it does not affect decency.

When I daughter moans at me I do remind her that she could have been bought up in a Muslim country. In which case I would have exchanged her for 27 sheep by now.

filthy1980
31st May 2017, 13:32
People should be free to wear what they want as long as it does not affect decency.

When I daughter moans at me I do remind her that she could have been bought up in a Muslim country. In which case I would have exchanged her for 27 sheep by now.

the Burqa / Hijjab thing is a bit strange

I went to school in a 70% brown people school in the 90's, (mixture of Sikh / hindu / muslim kids)

I honestly can't remember one girl who wore a Hijjab, but in the last 10-15 years a lot of the muslim moms at my kids schools' and colleagues I work with of the same generation or younger, where a hijab

now I think people should be able to wear what they want and bans on clothing is ridiculous but I find it an interesting phenomenon that probably points to a negative trend when it comes to people choosing to integrate themselves (or not) with the wider society

BrilloPad
31st May 2017, 13:55
people choosing to integrate themselves (or not) with the wider society

The UK seems to be less welcoming of immigrants than before. It has nothing to do with the government blaming immigrants for their own shortcomings. No Sir.

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 13:55

Good to see the vast majority here subscribe to the Muslim view of repressing women. Well done folks. Keep it up

(I miss EO)

Since I actually know and have known women who choose to wear it themselves for some fecking reason not sure how it is men's fault in those cases especially men who have requested that their wife or daughter doesn't wear it.

BrilloPad
31st May 2017, 13:57
Since I actually know and have known women who choose to wear it themselves for some fecking reason not sure how it is men's fault in those cases especially men who have requested that their wife or daughter doesn't wear it.

Its always the mans fault.

FRom the "joke" thread. MEN. Make it impossible for your wife/girlfriend to tell when you've had a drink by talking tulipe all the time. I thought that was the assumption anyway.

diseasex
31st May 2017, 14:04

Why would any women want to wear that tulip if not for reasons of not being opressed, overly looked at by men reason?

My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.

Paddy
31st May 2017, 14:56
the Burqa / Hijjab thing is a bit strange

I went to school in a 70% brown people school in the 90's, (mixture of Sikh / hindu / muslim kids)

I honestly can't remember one girl who wore a Hijjab, but in the last 10-15 years a lot of the muslim moms at my kids schools' and colleagues I work with of the same generation or younger, where a hijab

now I think people should be able to wear what they want and bans on clothing is ridiculous but I find it an interesting phenomenon that probably points to a negative trend when it comes to people choosing to integrate themselves (or not) with the wider society

Dead right, even around the 60s and 70s I had many muslim friends, all of them integrated an none of them with even a headscarf. However, the women in particular cover themselves, won't shake hands, want separate seating area and even a separate kitchen at client co.

SueEllen
31st May 2017, 15:17
My friend (really pretty blonde) is working in emirates now. She started to wear hijab just to stop annoying males stopping their cars all the time, trying to pick her, being looked at constantly up etc etc etc etc.

I've heard similar from Kuwaiti women about Saudi men.

MrMarkyMark
31st May 2017, 15:37
Why would any women want to wear that tulip if not for reasons of not being opressed, overly looked at by men reason?

http://www.skepticmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/man-in-hijab.jpg

Eirikur
31st May 2017, 15:40
And?

When my son was 3 and we were visiting London he asked why there are so many ninjas in London

diseasex
31st May 2017, 15:40
http://www.skepticmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/man-in-hijab.jpg

Targets from syria ? :smokin

Mainframe gent
31st May 2017, 16:09

Why should Poland tolerate suppression of women in public I wonder?

xoggoth
31st May 2017, 17:10
Don't get this obsession with the Muslim veil.

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.

Mainframe gent
1st June 2017, 08:44

There are security concerns as some have said above, and there are occasions, like witnesses in court and interviews, where seeing the face is necessary but generally it's hardly that important in itself.

If it is an oppression of women, the Burqa is only a symptom. we need to address the causes.

If we wont tolerate discrimination at work and just about everywhere else why would we tolerate permitting the wearing of a veil? If someone is wearing a veil they have chosen to be invisible to the rest of the world which means that they cannot a job or talk to anyone except those within their own family

BrilloPad
1st June 2017, 09:47

A bit like terrorism, it needs the engagement of the Muslim community(though a major difference is that terrorists claim to be Muslim however are not). However if you suggest that, then Muslims say they are being blamed.

I am currently reading rage by Wilbur Smith. A story based on apartheid in South Africa. Muslim women are going to face a similar struggle and I wish them well.

Andy2
1st June 2017, 09:56

SueEllen
1st June 2017, 09:58
burqa should be compulsory for mingers
and hot shorts for lookers.
that will be an ideal world.

And ugly men like you should have to wear face masks...