• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Network Marketing.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Marketing.

Chancing that I have been around long enough to post this.

Please dont turn this into a merits of Network Marketing, start a new thread in general and I will give you my opinion.

I have been involved in a couple of schemes (all of which made me money) and I am about to embark on a new one which looks set to fly.

If any of you fancy starting a plan B or fancy an alternative income then PM me.
    It also muddies the waters as to IR35 status.

It is brand new. It is a telecoms resale business and has a very simple but strict development plan. I only need a couple of people who are willing to work at this.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    It also muddies the waters as to IR35 status.
    I must say that this statement is BS. IR35 is worked out on each contract, how can this muddy the water when it has nothing to do with your contract ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      I must say that this statement is BS. IR35 is worked out on each contract, how can this muddy the water when it has nothing to do with your contract ?
      I dont want to get into arguments in this thread but you realy should check your arse before you start talking out of it.

IR35 status takes in the whole picture as well as each individual contract.
      Parallel income streams are strong pointers. Actualy selling a product (even as a reseller) is a strong pointer. Investing in alternate income streams is a strong pointer. HTH.

Please start your own thread if you want an argument about the merits of Network Marketting.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Nothing to do with the merits of network marketing. If you have the gift of the gab and are a bit of a budding salesman I'm sure you can make plenty out of network marketing, however I stick to my guns on it not making on iota of difference to your IR35 situation.

You can have multiple contracts and a parallel income stream and still be caught for IR35 on one contract, but not on the others. In an IR35 investigation the IR will look at your working situation within that specific contract, and they may pay lip service to the terms and conditions in the contract (if your contract is blatantly written as outside IR35 they will likely screw you over anyway) but they wil NEVER classify you at outside IR35 just because you have multiple contracts and a parallel income stream from another source.

If you truly belive that by bringing in another income stream you are immune/less likely to get caught by IR35 you are a fool, and in for a nasty shock at some point down the line.

Note that this is not a rant, or an argument about network marketing, this is a response to your IR35 claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Nothing to do with <snip>
          I never said it was a get out I said "it muddies the waters" and it does. A clear caught contract will always be a clear caught contract, but the IR have promised to look into all circumstances.
          Alternate income streams wont affect your status, but parallel ones do.
          A decent legal team will show that by diversifying and selling and other stuff you are clearly a lefitimate business and not just a bum on a seat.
          You carry believing what you like and leave me to my little world.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
          X