• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's yougov poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's yougov poll

One polled over the past couple of days using their conventional method rather than the one predicting a hung parliament, puts the Tory lead over Labour down to 3 points

CON: 42% (-1)
    LAB: 39% (+3)
    LDEM: 7% (-2)
    UKIP: 4% (-)

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/05/31...our-39-30-31-/

Polled after the Paxman interview, but before tonight's TV debate - I can only imagine May's no-show at the TV debate will bring that in a bit further.

Of course, this could be Yougov bluster, but chances are the 'huge majority' was always overstated. I still expect a Tory win, but no landslide. It is looking like May's gamble will not pay off.

Ladbrokes still have a Tory 'most seats' at 1/12 and a Tory majority at 1/5.
    Taking a break from contracting

That's like £10k down the drain kind of poll...

Comment

This is beginning to remind me of "10 green bottles sitting on the wall".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So will May survive even if the Tories win?

Theresa May has squandered an apparently unassailable lead | The Independent

If they get a reduced majority, the knives will be out.

Boris ?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

A slim Tory majority is the best outcome, a landslide would turn the Tories into UKIP on steroids, a Corbyn win would turn the UK into a basket case, checks and balances... effective government, effective opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Boris ?

No deity, No.

I reckon David Davis would have a go.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Boris ?

In reality, the Tory share of the vote has held remarkably stable, the recent labour climb hasn't been at the expense of a corresponding Tory drop but rather a corresponding UKIP, Lib Dem and 'Other' drop.

I don't hold much weight in the 'shy Tory voter' this time around - is someone really going to prefer to say 'I vote Corbyn' before 'I vote May'? Nah.

However, a drastic swing to Labour in the 5 weeks since the local elections will only be devastating to May's leadership. She has been found out - she refuses to engage with the public and that looks like it is becoming a problem right when it matters.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

I am personally hoping for a hung Parliament.

Seems like a possibility at least.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just filled in my postal vote.

After a great deal of consideration, I have voted Labour.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                  X