• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

get a (second) life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get a (second) life

Jeez,

I find things like second life slightly worrying at the best of times. Are we at the stage where online relationships are equal or moreso than real ones?

Still the likes of Thief and Helios are hard at work in the virtual world:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6164806.stm

I particularly like the fact that virtual shopkeepers are up in arms over IPR issues...

Older and ...well, just older!!

The Register has some more on the IPR thing under the remarkable apt headline "Panic in Sadville!"

Helios/Thief is probably sobbing with jealously right now since he wouldnt know where to start creating a worm or bot, let alone one that actually did what it was supposed to.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

i dabbled in the sims for a few weeks a while back but quickly realised the guys life was even sadder than mine...
      wake>>eat>>wash>>work>>eat>>wash>>bed * Repeat

How dull!!!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
        i dabbled in the sims for a few weeks a while back but quickly realised the guys life was even sadder than mine...

How dull!!!

Kramer - I declare you female!! I dont mean it in a nasty way - I genuinely think you are. (And I completely understand why you wouldn't want this lot to know!)

But everything adds up now - the deal was sealed with that washing twice a day thing!

I'm not leaving my mackem lad with you at the do now
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

hahaha... me and your lad are gonna have a ball...
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I tried it a few weeks ago - nice lightweight implementation, amd concept of using real money is kind of cool,but it quickly gets expensive and all for what - something that can be copied easily anyway, no point really.

Comment

hahaha... me and your lad are gonna have a ball...

I'm sure you will! He's an utter tart!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Never heard of it. I think I shall save time with a bit of jscript or vba that posts who? or what? to every thread in future
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

How dull!!!
                  Métro, boulot, bistro, mégots, dodo, zéro.

Comment

Working...
                  X