PDA

View Full Version : Do we need more (fire) armed police?

PurpleGorilla
5th June 2017, 20:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBilAVNWsAA1jw7?format=jpg

SueEllen
5th June 2017, 20:41
Nope.

Next

PurpleGorilla
5th June 2017, 21:12
Nope.

Next

Population increasing - armed police decreasing.

Feel less safe every day.

shaunbhoy
5th June 2017, 21:16
Not sure that we do need many more. Carrying a firearm is a hefty responsibility and it is not suited to everyone.

I very much doubt that a large increase in armed police is ever likely to reduce their response time much below the 8 minutes we saw last saturday night.

And it may introduce other problems that negate any benefits.

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:18
Yes.

All 3-5+ years police officers should be trained and issued firearms in event of emergency, this is how you get large number of armed police when you need it.

Even better - allow willing, honest taxpayers to have license to carry firearms and assist police in the event of emergency.

Put me down for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

scooterscot
5th June 2017, 21:20
Put me down for a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...

Hey Just what you see pal.

shaunbhoy
5th June 2017, 21:22

Alexei, I wouldn't put you in charge of the TV controller.
:laugh

woohoo
5th June 2017, 21:22
No way, i know some police officers and I'm not entirely certain they should be trusted with anything more than pepper spray..

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:23
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBilAVNWsAA1jw7?format=jpg

WTF Fake news!!!!

Saint Theresa said Tory Scum Govt increased armed police counts!!!

:eyes

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:24
No way, i know some police officers and I'm not entirely certain they should be trusted with anything more than pepper spray..

You say that because they know you ...

PurpleGorilla
5th June 2017, 21:25
I think they should all carry, partly for self defence, partly to keep the peace. Non lethal bullets could be used...

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:27
I think they should all carry, partly for self defence, partly to keep the peace. Non lethal bullets could be used...

Blanks?

If a lot of police carries guns all the time then they become tempting target for surprise attack and then use their guns.

PurpleGorilla
5th June 2017, 21:34
Blanks?

If a lot of police carries guns all the time then they become tempting target for surprise attack and then use their guns.

Rubber bullets.

Yes, they could be a tempting target.

Like the Brit who tried to shoot Trump!

BrilloPad
5th June 2017, 21:40
They should all be armed. Then anyone who walks on the cracks in the pavement gets a bullet in the head. For first offence.

SueEllen
5th June 2017, 21:41

You mean they don't have tasers?

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:42
They should all be armed. Then anyone who walks on the cracks in the pavement gets a bullet in the head. For first offence.

What about HMRC Inspectors?

And Family Lawyers?

SueEllen
5th June 2017, 21:43

And Family Lawyers?

HMRC inspectors don't need arming to do damage.

Family Lawyers would do better with tasers....

BrilloPad
5th June 2017, 21:44

And Family Lawyers?

Okay. They can be armed.

No arms for squirrels though.

PurpleGorilla
5th June 2017, 21:45

And Family Lawyers?

This is an IR35, the most powerful tax weapon in the world. Do you feel lucky? Do you, punk!

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:48
Family Lawyers would do better with tasers....

Not from commercial point of view...

AtW
5th June 2017, 21:49
No arms for squirrels though.

Think again, punk?

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll354/plumbernater/Sniper-Squirrel-30002.jpg (http://s312.photobucket.com/user/plumbernater/media/Sniper-Squirrel-30002.jpg.html)

vetran
5th June 2017, 21:52
Tasers are still a good solution as many of the attackers are armed with knives.

WTFH
6th June 2017, 07:50
WTF Fake news!!!!

Saint Theresa said Tory Scum Govt increased armed police counts!!!

:eyes

But she did, percentage wise.

By getting rid of more unarmed officers, the % balance is now that there are more armed ones. Overall there are about 18,000 fewer police officers, but now a larger percentage of the smaller number are armed.

...remember we can't say anything bad about St Theresa as her religious followers will attack us due to their blind faith that everything she does is perfect and anyone else is evil

MrMarkyMark
6th June 2017, 07:54

By getting rid of more unarmed officers, the % balance is now that there are more armed ones. Overall there are about 18,000 fewer police officers, but now a larger percentage of the smaller number are armed.

...remember we can't say anything bad about St Theresa as her religious followers will attack us due to their blind faith that everything she does is perfect and anyone else is evil

I suspect largely around the Westminster area :eyes

BrilloPad
6th June 2017, 07:54
Tasers are still a good solution as many of the attackers are armed with knives.

Sorry I disagree.

In this case, they appeared to have suicide vests. It was important to stop them setting them off. The police could not have known they were fake.

Obviously upsetting that some innocent got their head blown off. However, if police had not fired so many shots, it could have cost many more lives.

I am no fan of the police. However this case is very different from the Brazilian Electrician. Everyone involved in that execution should be in prison for murder.

BrilloPad
6th June 2017, 07:56

Fatwa on WTFH! :eyes

I don't think there is a single May supporter round here. Only some who say there is no-one better for the job.

WTFH
6th June 2017, 08:14
Think again, punk?

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll354/plumbernater/Sniper-Squirrel-30002.jpg (http://s312.photobucket.com/user/plumbernater/media/Sniper-Squirrel-30002.jpg.html)

Is that a Westinghouse model M95A3s?

WTFH
6th June 2017, 08:17
Fatwa on WTFH! :eyes

I don't think there is a single May supporter round here. Only some who say there is no-one better for the job.

I think there's a few on here whose faith in the Tory party is unswerving, even after they have failed to deliver, or U-turned on practically everything they promised over the last few years

grabri
6th June 2017, 08:18
Sorry I disagree.

In this case, they appeared to have suicide vests. It was important to stop them setting them off. The police could not have known they were fake.

Obviously upsetting that some innocent got their head blown off. However, if police had not fired so many shots, it could have cost many more lives.

I am no fan of the police. However this case is very different from the Brazilian Electrician. Everyone involved in that execution should be in prison for murder.

Agree. I don't think tasering a vest filled with explosives is going to have the desired effect.

Wasn't Cressida Dick the commanding officer in the Jean-Charles de Menendes operation?

vetran
6th June 2017, 08:24
Sorry I disagree.

Taser can be implemented quickly.

https://leics.police.uk/advice-and-information/information-zone/taser/taser-training-and-reviews

Our initial training module is 24 hours, spread across four days.

Officers then attend two days of refresher training per year.

its 18 weeks for a gun.

Hobosapien
6th June 2017, 08:33
Armed drones are the future. :smokin

Pepper spray or knock out gas ones for private security and public areas where a quick response is key. Knock out everyone in the room/area till the perps can be taken into custody.

Fully armed ones capable of killing for the Police and counter terrorist units.

Must be companies already working on this. I wonder if their shares are still low enough to get in early. :smokin

diseasex
6th June 2017, 08:35
Yes.

All 3-5+ years police officers should be trained and issued firearms in event of emergency, this is how you get large number of armed police when you need it.

Even better - allow willing, honest taxpayers to have license to carry firearms and assist police in the event of emergency.

I want a gun for protection

WTFH
6th June 2017, 08:47
I want a gun for protection

Which is probably one of the strongest arguments as to why you shouldn't have one. Based on your posts on here, you vehemently hate anyone who disagrees with you, you live in a fantasy land, and you think it's a good idea that you should be armed.

diseasex
6th June 2017, 08:54
Which is probably one of the strongest arguments as to why you shouldn't have one. Based on your posts on here, you vehemently hate anyone who disagrees with you, you live in a fantasy land, and you think it's a good idea that you should be armed.

Nah I'd keep it stashed properly and only draw in case of emergency. Dude calm your tits. You don't need to agree with everything I say but I have right to have my own opinion just as you do.

...And there should be rigoristic tests before approval for gun is awarded.

DaveB
6th June 2017, 09:12
Nah I'd keep it stashed properly and only draw in case of emergency. Dude calm your tits. You don't need to agree with everything I say but I have right to have my own opinion just as you do.

Would that include spelling and grammar?

diseasex
6th June 2017, 09:19
Would that include spelling and grammar?

Have you just wasted precious 10 sec of your life?

WTFH
6th June 2017, 09:20
Have you just wasted precious 10 sec of your life?

If it stops him being shot by a Pole with a grudge, it was 10 seconds well spent. :laugh:

diseasex
6th June 2017, 09:25
If it stops him being shot by a Pole with a grudge, it was 10 seconds well spent. :laugh:

Mass pole shootings. We hear that a lot. :D You guys should be grateful to me for being such a great immigrant that contributes and enriches your society so heavily

PurpleGorilla
6th June 2017, 09:33
Agree. I don't think tasering a vest filled with explosives is going to have the desired effect.

Wasn't Cressida Dick the commanding officer in the Jean-Charles de Menendes operation?

They can carry both. A tazer and a sidearm (with rubber bullets). The elite counter terrorist lot can have full live rounds.

Yellow handle of tazer:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jh-composite-p10-bobbies-guns.jpg?strip=all&w=750&quality=100

oscarose
6th June 2017, 09:38
I have right to have my own opinion

+1

wdisxs

:o

TestMangler
6th June 2017, 09:52

There are.

diseasex
6th June 2017, 09:56
There are.

Yes but it's not allowed for self defense

TestMangler
6th June 2017, 09:57
Yes but it's not allowed for self defence

I'm aware of that :laugh Do you seriously think they should be ??

diseasex
6th June 2017, 09:59
I'm aware of that :laugh Do you seriously think they should be ??

If it was , I'd already have it. *Just in case*

TestMangler
6th June 2017, 10:02

:winker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oK_trZhVdk

SueEllen
6th June 2017, 10:38
Yes but it's not allowed for self defense

Unless someone else was shooting at you with a gun who weren't the police you would go down for murder, manslaughter or GBH as it would be unreasonable force.

We aren't the USA....

MrMarkyMark
6th June 2017, 11:15

What's stopping you picking up a black market shooter?

Plenty around :eyes

diseasex
6th June 2017, 11:35
What's stopping you picking up a black market shooter?

Plenty around :eyes

I'm not criminal.

BrilloPad
6th June 2017, 11:52
Unless someone else was shooting at you with a gun who weren't the police you would go down for murder, manslaughter or GBH as it would be unreasonable force.

We aren't the USA....

The terrorists last Saturday were not shooting at anyone, let alone police. They were not even attacking the police.

They were endangering life though so police made good call.

Sadly police shooting in the USA seems to be racist.