• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Looking After Users As Per Usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Looking After Users As Per Usual

Can't see this is going to win them any extra fans

Apple has announced that its new iOS 11, launched at its developer conference in San Jose, will only operate on 64-bit devices, making the iPhone 5 and 5C, among other devices, obsolete and meaning some apps and games may stop working.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-5-5c-obsolete
    The Chunt of Chunts.

And?

iPhone 5 was released in 2012 and iPhone 5c was released in 2013 so are ancient technology....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      And?

iPhone 5 was released in 2012 and iPhone 5c was released in 2013 so are ancient technology....
      I still use my 4S....

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        I still use my 4S....
        Hardware doesn't last for ever and a manufacturer has the right to decide your piece of hardware isn't suitable for an update.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm no Apple-ite but to be fair, will Nougat/O work on a 2012 vintage Android phone?
          I know it might actually run, which is slightly different to what Apple are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            I still use my 4S....
            Me too. And when it dies, I won't be getting another iPhone.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              And?

I have never owned an iPhone.

However, I use a lot of technology that is 4+ years old and don't feel the need to renew it.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I recently got an iphone5s from iphone4s. I could have had an iphone6s. However 5s is smaller and lighter which is what counts.

At least my ipad air is unaffected.

Next time I upgrade it will be anything other than apple. They have a huge contempt for users. You can see it in the film Steve Jobs. What a .

And let alone the decision to remove game centre from version 10!

If I ever decide to ditch windows it will be to linux.

I have been so chilled over the last 3-6 months. Despite HMRC harrassing me. I think I need a lie down.....

Comment

Could be worse, they could issue a patch that detects whether you've had repair work done by anyone other than Apple and if you have it bricks your phone.... oh.. wait.. NVM.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My 3GS from 2009 still works fine, running iOS 6, on those occasions when I charge it.

Comment

Working...
                    X