• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor limited company

Hi

myself and a colleague are thinking of setting up a company up and undertaking various project management roles on contract day rate. We wanted to know if its possible to set up as a limited company when doing day rate work as contractors. if we sign a deal to work 12 months as a contractor can we still put this through a limited company

Thanks

Yes, set the company up and have the contracts made using the new limited company name as the legal entity providing the service.

I'd encourage you to read some of the stickies on these forums for some of the fundamental information.

Comment

Are you both working on your own gigs and just sharing contracts or do you both come as a package with a single charge to the client. I wouldn't advise sharing a Ltd company if you are both working on your own contracts.

Before the stickies my portly Scot pertains to I'd suggest reading newbie guides on the right top to bottom.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by belshc4120 View Post
        Hi

myself and a colleague are thinking of setting up a company up and undertaking various project management roles on contract day rate. We wanted to know if its possible to set up as a limited company when doing day rate work as contractors. if we sign a deal to work 12 months as a contractor can we still put this through a limited company

Thanks
        Hourly paid contracts were all the rage once, now day rate appears to be the norm. Nothing stopping you taking work as either hourly paid, day rate or any other period.

What I would caution against however is what are you going to do if one of you works more often than the other or one secures a higher rate than the other? What are you going to do if one has to work at the other end of the country with big expenses while the other has hardly any?

Presumably you arent both going to work the same contract and share the day rate?

Comment

Originally posted by belshc4120 View Post
          Hi

Thanks
          well, obviously, that's what consulting companies are.

You COULD do this, if the view is to become a "real" consulting company, but be aware of the below, and how it could affect you if you are both just contractors. What happens when one is earning and/or working more than the other?

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Are you both working on your own gigs and just sharing contracts or do you both come as a package with a single charge to the client. I wouldn't advise sharing a Ltd company if you are both working on your own contracts.

Comment

Can I ask a simple question ?

Why are you thinking this?

Comment

Working...
            X