• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lord Sugar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord Sugar

Never liked the man, especially his disgusting TV show, but totally have to side with him here...

Lord Sugar reveals enormous amount he paid in tax in response to angry Corbynistas

Cheque and mate: Lord Sugar's tweet revealed a £58m payment to HMRC Credit:

Lord Sugar reveals enormous amount he paid in tax in response to angry Corbynistas

Well done!

Prefer him to trump
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Prefer him to trump
      You'd prefer me to Trump...

Comment

To be fair, that's utterly meaningless without knowing the rest of his tax return. Presumably he's raked in, what, the best part of £145,000,000 all in? Forgive me if I don't feel too sorry for how much he pays...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Never liked the man, especially his disgusting TV show, but totally have to side with him here...

Cheque and mate: Lord Sugar's tweet revealed a £58m payment to HMRC Credit:

Well done!
          It would have slightly more meaning if it was HMRC that posted the picture, obviously hasn't sent it yet

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
            It would have slightly more meaning if it was HMRC that posted the picture, obviously hasn't sent it yet
            It bounced.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              To be fair, that's utterly meaningless without knowing the rest of his tax return. Presumably he's raked in, what, the best part of £145,000,000 all in? Forgive me if I don't feel too sorry for how much he pays...
              Assuming he actually paid that much is more that what a large portion of the wealthy pay, by keeping their money off-shore and what not

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Better than him going offshore and us not getting anything. Too many jump to tax havens but retain their UK passports. If you have a passport you should pay tax in the UK.

Mind you if Corbyn gets in I'll be off as well.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I presume that's his personal tax bill for all those BTLs he has in London charging mugs £3k a month for some tulip hole so they can be in the 'big smoke' on minimum wage for London, which is probably about £50k to cover the basic living costs.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                  X