• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, Who did you vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Who did you vote for?

Yes, I know it's between an Englishman and the ballot box but if you care to spill the beans, this is the place to do it.

I was the first in to my local polling station this morning. And the only voter too. Got there at 6.56 and had to wait a few minutes for polling to officially open during which time the official asked me to verify that the box designated to hold all the voting slips was empty.

When I got into the polling booth, I still didn't know who I was going to vote for - I voted for Brexit so it should have been Tory perhaps but I don't like the idea of that lot with a huge majority so my X went next to the Lib Dem candidate. For the battery chickens and because it's the only vote around here that's got any chance of beating the Tory candidate.
    Labour
    26.15%
    Conservative
    29.23%
    Liberal
    23.08%
    SNP
    4.62%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.00%
    Green
    3.08%
    UKIP
    3.08%
    Other
    4.62%
    Saw AndyW's mum and suffered from premature election.
    6.15%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 8 June 2017, 13:37.

Labour
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      Yes, I know it's between an Englishman and the ballot box but if you care to spill the beans, this is the place to do it.

I was the first in to my local polling station this morning. And the only voter too. Got there at 6.56 and had to wait a few minutes for polling to officially open during which time the official asked me to verify that the box designated to hold all the voting slips was empty.

When I got into the polling booth, I still didn't know who I was going to vote for - I voted for Brexit so it should have been Tory perhaps but I don't like the idea of that lot with a huge majority so my X went next to the Lib Dem candidate. For the battery chickens and because it's the only vote around here that's got any chance of beating the Tory candidate.
      Puh-lease........ You sound like an american who doesn't understand that the uk is more than just England....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Puh-lease........ You sound like an american who doesn't understand that the uk is more than just England....
        That'll be Plaid Cymru for you then

Comment

But what if you're wrong and the Tories don't get a majority, never mind a landslide? A irresponsible use of your vote. Let's hope most other people don't waste their vote in a similar way.

I've voted Conservative - the only sensible choice.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

That'll be Plaid Cymru for you then
            Nope. But I'm sure all of us "minorities" in the uk would like to be considered british not english.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Poll added.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                I've voted Conservative
                A wasted vote then? (I.e. you'd have to be wasted to vote Conservative).

Anyway, more fool you. Labour and Lib Dem voters are supposed to vote today, whilst Conservative voters are supposed to vote tomorrow.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  But what if you're wrong and the Tories don't get a majority, never mind a landslide? A irresponsible use of your vote. Let's hope most other people don't waste their vote in a similar way.

I've voted Conservative - the only sensible choice.
                  I'm fed up with voting for the least bad option.

So, this time I went through all the manifestos to identify a policy that appealed to me and, yes, animal welfare is a big concern of mine so their proposals to ban caged chickens and increase penalties for animal abuse to 5 years in prison appealed to me.

I could have voted green on the basis of their environmental policies but their other loony left policies don't chime very well with me.

Comment

Who did you vote for?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X