• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Media Player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Media Player

All - this should probably be in Technical, but fuck it.

I have to work late this week, so I need to know, as a matter of urgency, if Windows Media Player plays DVDs... If not out of the box, can I make it?

TIA, folks...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    All - this should probably be in Technical, but fuck it.

I have to work late this week, so I need to know, as a matter of urgency, if Windows Media Player plays DVDs... If not out of the box, can I make it?

TIA, folks...

Thats what I use mate..

What ya watching?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes but it's fairly crap compared to something like WinDVD. You may need to download the latest version and codecs, depending on what you've got.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Thats what I use mate..

What ya watching?
        Dunno - I borrowed loads off my mate who, I think, could compete with Blockbuster... I know that V for Vendetta's in there, as is Flight 93 along with about another six... So, all this evening work shouldn't be too bad :-)

Good weekend then?
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          Yes but it's fairly crap compared to something like WinDVD. You may need to download the latest version and codecs, depending on what you've got.
          Cheers Mordy - how's MF's sprog?

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
            Dunno - I borrowed loads off my mate who, I think, could compete with Blockbuster... I know that V for Vendetta's in there, as is Flight 93 along with about another six... So, all this evening work shouldn't be too bad :-)

Good weekend then?

V is excellent - I saw that at the flicks.

Yeah my weekend was canny - I didn't shoot any ducks or anything, but it was good all the same

So you're plannig on being busy tonight then?!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yeah my weekend was canny - I didn't shoot any ducks or anything, but it was good all the same

So you're plannig on being busy tonight then?!
              Absolutely - I'll pop out in a bit and get a nice bottle of vino, some nibbles and possibly a footstool, and we're set...

Comment

Watched that on DVD at the weekend, very good indeed. Especially in the current political climate. Damn good film though, even without that.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I picked up a very "interesting" DVD for €4.75 last weekend.
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally Posted by bogeyman
                    It's amazing how seemingly engaging posts like this, where one might want to discuss civilized, grown-up things, soon turn into a puerile smut-fest thanks to Bagpuss and his ilk

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X