• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will the election result affect the contract market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will the election result affect the contract market?

More uncertainty over Brexit, the prospect of another election, weak governance, an already stagnant market....

You dont need to worry about that darling, you can still sit in your bedsit and munch on your KFC and get fatter and lazier.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      More uncertainty over Brexit, the prospect of another election, weak governance, an already stagnant market....
      You voted LibDum to the **** over the govt, what did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I looked at the opinion polls and, on balance, it looked as though the Tories were going to increase their majority substantially so I thought I had the luxury of putting my X elsewhere.

I'm not a natural Tory and a Tory landslide was never going to be a good thing - but yes, I voted for Brexit and if UKIP had stood I'd have voted for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          And another thing, I never thought in my wildest dreams that anyone apart from the Millennials in their social media bubble would vote for a party with ideas that were proven to be bankrupt 40 years ago and would want to see us return to the stone age.

I really didn't see that coming.

Comment

As one of the few actual contractors on here, the result will keep the market ticking along nicely.
            A Tory landslide would have put some of the larger (international) projects on hold, and a Labour victory might have put smaller ones on hold.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And another thing, I never thought in my wildest dreams that anyone apart from the Millennials in their social media bubble would vote for a party with ideas that were proven to be bankrupt 40 years ago and would want to see us return to the stone age.

So you did a "tactical" vote to prevent large tory majority, but are surprised that others did the same? In most constituencies the only one with real chance for beating the Tory candidate was the Labor.

Just like the "protest" vote for Brexit, where people decided to "mess" with the establishment, not realising how close the vote was.

You reap what you sow.

Comment

Its okay, its a common problem with people with a pea brain. Now get back to your knitting.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I looked at the opinion polls and, on balance, it looked as though the Tories were going to increase their majority substantially so I thought I had the luxury of putting my X elsewhere.

I'm not a natural Tory and a Tory landslide was never going to be a good thing - but yes, I voted for Brexit and if UKIP had stood I'd have voted for them.
                  As am originally from Oxfordshire I too always voted LibDim ... but UKIP?? very un-Oxford like... what happened to make you think this way? Been living in London for the last few year, although I go there often not sure if people's way of thinking there changed a lot?

Comment

There is not 1 single "contract market".

There are many.

If you are not in control of your market, you are in the wrong market.

Comment

Working...
                    X