PDA

View Full Version : DUP website is down

diseasex
9th June 2017, 08:52
Any idea whats their program?

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 08:53

Execution of gays and criminalisation of Roman Catholicism.

barrydidit
9th June 2017, 08:54
Free tin whistles for all school kids

oscarose
9th June 2017, 08:55
Execution of gays and criminalisation of Roman Catholicism.

:eek

shaunbhoy
9th June 2017, 08:55

No Pope of Rome!!

HTH
:wink

Pip in a Poke
9th June 2017, 08:57
No Pope of Rome!!

HTH

HE is the Ontee-CHRAAAAST!!!!

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 09:36
HE is the Ontee-CHRAAAAST!!!!

Just the kind of inclusive thoughtful leadership that is needed in these troubling times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbmIMbKZa4

darmstadt
9th June 2017, 09:37
Just the kind of inclusive thoughtful leadership that is needed in these troubling times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbmIMbKZa4

Now we know where Farage gets his ideas from :laugh

SueEllen
9th June 2017, 09:38
I Googled "DUP Manifesto" and this is what I got

Just seen someone describe the DUP manifesto as "basically just the bible, with fortnightly bin collections"

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 09:41
I Googled "DUP Manifesto" and this is what I got

:rollin:

They are flexible on the bin collections.

scooterscot
9th June 2017, 09:49
They want a hard border with Ireland.

oscarose
9th June 2017, 09:54
So the DUP manifesto is basically the Catholic church...

:confused:

Tasslehoff
9th June 2017, 10:06
Any idea what their stance on Corp tax is? :)

SueEllen
9th June 2017, 10:14
Every time I click on a link on their website the damn thing crashes.

TestMangler
9th June 2017, 10:20

LOL....if only you could display a better lack of understanding of politics and religion in part of the UK :laugh

darmstadt
9th June 2017, 10:34
https://scontent.ftxl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18922102_937629893046197_8221312006460799270_n.jpg ?oh=0f88d2dbf44d911222085a6ac6cc9d0a&oe=599CF4E1

Lambert Simnel
9th June 2017, 10:38

Ah... No. Anything but.

oscarose
9th June 2017, 11:01
LOL....if only you could display a better lack of understanding of politics and religion in part of the UK :laugh

Ah... No. Anything but.

Oops...sorry guys - this is all new to me...

The_Equalizer
9th June 2017, 11:41
They want a hard border with Ireland.

You're just making stuff up.

WTFH
9th June 2017, 13:30
The DUP have said that Theresa May is the best Prime Minister since the beginning of the world, 6000 years ago.

radish2008
9th June 2017, 14:05
Oh the irony : Tories said Corbyn has ties to terrorists/extremists but will now govern with DUP which has...ties to terrorists/extremists.

To be fair Theresa May warned of coalition of chaos propped up by extremist terrorist sympathisers. She just didn't say she'd be leading it.

scooterscot
9th June 2017, 14:06
You're just making stuff up.

They said it, not me.

The_Equalizer
9th June 2017, 14:08
Oh the irony : Tories said Corbyn has ties to terrorists/extremists but will now govern with DUP which has...ties to terrorists/extremists.

To be fair Theresa May warned of coalition of chaos propped up by extremist terrorist sympathisers. She just didn't say she'd be leading it.

There's a bit of a difference between the political front to an armed paramilitary group and, in theory, paramilitaries voting for a political party.

The_Equalizer
9th June 2017, 14:11
They said it, not me.

Funny because that's not Foster said:

"Arlene Foster, who leads the DUP, wants to avoid a hard border with Ireland, and doesn’t want the hard Brexit that has been spoken of by the PM."

What is the DUP manifesto and what are their views on Brexit? - Metro (http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/09/what-is-the-dup-manifesto-and-what-are-their-views-on-brexit-6697507/)

darmstadt
9th June 2017, 14:14
The real question is, what has May promised the DUP in return for their support?

The_Equalizer
9th June 2017, 14:16
The real question is, what has May promised the DUP in return for their support?

More cash and not having to implement ‘austerity’/water charges in NI in the event of direct rule I’m guessing.

quackhandle
9th June 2017, 14:28
DUP against homosexuality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp40hHg0aQM

qh

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 14:45
There's a bit of a difference between the political front to an armed paramilitary group and, in theory, paramilitaries voting for a political party.

Have you seen the history of Ulster Resistance?

DaveB
9th June 2017, 14:50

A party formed by failed loyalist paramilitaries.

radish2008
9th June 2017, 14:51

Of course there is. They might be terrorists but they are our terrorists. They also seem to be religious nutters. Anything else you'd like to defend about them ?

radish2008
9th June 2017, 14:52

Every little thing they wanted.

darmstadt
9th June 2017, 14:52
Federation of United Conservatives and the Democratic Unionist Party

Seems we have a Protestant Unionist TORYIST Government now. Will there be someone from the UDA in the cabinet of Theresa May? She failed as Home Secretary, failed as Prime Minister on terrorism and security and now she jumps into bed with the political wing of the UDA.

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 14:53
Of course there is. They might be terrorists but they are our terrorists. They also seem to be religious nutters. Anything else you'd like to defend about them ?

They'll fit in just great with Tezza's Saudi terrorist mates.

radish2008
9th June 2017, 14:54
One odd thing is the DUP hinted there was no deal yet - but May said there was a deal. She even called her party the Conservative Unionists.

SandyD
9th June 2017, 15:03
Wait a minutes, are the British now going to be governed by the Irish?

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 15:39
May hoping for ‘constructive relationship’ with creationist homophobes who think Pope is Satan (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/tories-hoping-for-constructive-relationship-with-creationist-homophobes-who-think-pope-is-satan-20170609129202)

May hoping for 'constructive relationship' with creationist homophobes who think Pope is Satan
09-06-17

THE Conservative Party has reassured Britain that the government being propped up by swivel-eyed, religious lunatics will be ‘totally fine’.

Ulster’s Democratic Unionist Party was founded in 1971 by the late Ian Paisley while he was stabbing an Action Man he had dressed up as Pope Paul VI.

It is now looking forward to influencing government policy in a wide range of demented areas.

DUP leader Arlene Foster confirmed the party would support a minority Conservative government on condition that Theresa May stands on a massive orange Bible and denounces Roman Catholicism as ‘Beelzebub’s Travelling Circus’.

She added: “Obviously we’ll also be needing a wee ban on abortion, the gayness, scientists and strong liquor.”

A Downing Street spokesman said: “It’s very important we have a strong and stable government. But it’s okay if it’s also a tiny bit insane.”

scooterscot
9th June 2017, 16:39
People on here actually being supportive of May after that humilation. Now they are about to be propped up by the DUP? Seriously after all the mud flung the SNP's way during this election about a potential coalition but this really, really nasty party gets a pass? Who are you people?!?!

jamesbrown
9th June 2017, 17:16
One odd thing is the DUP hinted there was no deal yet - but May said there was a deal. She even called her party the Conservative Unionists.

The official name of the party is the Conservative and Unionist Party.

oscarose
9th June 2017, 17:40
Wait a minutes, are the British now going to be governed by the Irish?

We're up shit creek, governed by their church more like... :confused:

Their gonna round up the gays and dykes apparently... :(

CoolCat
9th June 2017, 19:54
https://order-order.com/2017/06/09/__trashed-14/

AtW
9th June 2017, 20:08
https://order-order.com/2017/06/09/__trashed-14/

And they will get most of them - for Northern Ireland...

They've already got 12.5% NI corp tax rate.

RSoles
9th June 2017, 21:30
They've already got 12.5% NI corp tax rate.

Err, no.

AtW
9th June 2017, 21:33
Err, no.

Err, yes (as in it was agreed).

The decision was made in March 2015, actual rate expected to start next year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/northern-ireland-rate-of-corporation-tax-changes-to-small-and-medium-sized-enterprise-regime/northern-ireland-rate-of-corporation-tax-changes-to-small-and-medium-sized-enterprise-regime#background-to-the-measure

RSoles
9th June 2017, 21:34
Err, yes (as in it was agreed).

The decision was made in March 2015, actual rate expected to start next year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/northern-ireland-rate-of-corporation-tax-changes-to-small-and-medium-sized-enterprise-regime/northern-ireland-rate-of-corporation-tax-changes-to-small-and-medium-sized-enterprise-regime#background-to-the-measure

Jam tomorrow, so NO.
Otherwise I'd be registered for it.

AtW
9th June 2017, 21:37
Jam tomorrow, so NO.
Otherwise I'd be registered for it.

Are you based in NI?

RSoles
9th June 2017, 21:38
Are you based in NI?

Yep.

AtW
9th June 2017, 21:39
Yep.

In which case I reckon the new regime will start very soon...

northernladyuk
9th June 2017, 21:44
In which case I reckon the new regime will start very soon...

Am considering establishing in NI.

Mordac
9th June 2017, 22:14
:rollin:

They are flexible on the bin collections.

And extremely inflexible on just about everything else...

WordIsBond
10th June 2017, 07:27
LOL at some of the ignorance on here.

DUP manifesto (http://dev.mydup.com/images/uploads/publications/DUP_Wminster_Manifesto_2017_v5.pdf).

Discussion of what they want on Corporation Tax here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-northern-ireland-2017-40217564). They want it reduced to at least 12.5% (to compete with the south). EU rules would require, if they get that, a reduction in their block grant. They will want that reduction to go away once Brexit is complete. They would certainly support lower CT for the rest of the UK. They are a low-tax, efficiency in government, party. They are hardline on security / law and order. They want to give intelligence services greater power to investigate potential terrorists. They want increased spending on education and the NHS and want to keep the pensions triple lock (my guess is they will win that argument, with the third component perhaps reducing from 2.5% to 2.0 or 1.5.

In short, on fiscal policy and law and order they are pretty much classic conservatives along the lines of Thatcher and what the Tories used to be. Low tax, limit bureaucracy, law and order, but not unwilling to spend on public services.

On social issues like abortion, they are hard right. But then, so is their constituency. Northern Ireland is not England or Scotland.

On homosexual rights, they are about where most people were 25 years ago (they think it is immoral, they oppose gay marriage or any particular endorsement of homosexuality), and to the left of where most people were 50 years ago (they aren't trying to outlaw gay sex).

On Northern Ireland issues, they are hard-line unionist, but they do work with nationalists/republicans who repudiate violence. Paisley and Martin McGuinness were known as the "Chuckle Brothers", they became good friends. They'd throw red meat to their constituents because that's the way politics work in Northern Ireland, but they worked together in the Assembly. They've always been able to attract a reasonable percentage of Roman Catholic votes, probably because they took a very hard line against terrorism and the terrorist thugs weren't helping Catholics, either.

On Europe, they are pro-Brexit but want a "frictionless border" with the south, not a "hard border" (LOL, our daftie Scot just makes stuff up as he goes along, doesn't he?), and ease of trade with the Irish Republic.

SueEllen
10th June 2017, 07:29
Glad the website didn't crash when you were reading the manifesto.

WordIsBond
10th June 2017, 09:31
Indeed. But there is nothing new in that manifesto, really. It mostly tracks what they were saying 2 years ago when people thought they might be in the position they are now. This party changes very, very slowly, if at all. :) Anyone who has been watching them for years won't be surprised by anything in that manifesto. And the stuff about corporation tax, the triple lock, gay rights, abortion, and their views on Brexit and the border with the Republic have been reported on quite a bit in the last 24 hours or so. There's no need to make stuff up.

vetran
10th June 2017, 11:36
Oh, Theresa, caught between the devil and the DUP...

darmstadt
10th June 2017, 15:33
Theresa May:

Our two parties have enjoyed a strong relationship over many years, and this gives me the confidence to believe that we will be able to work together in the interests of the whole United Kingdom.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_large/public/thumbnails/image/2017/06/10/12/db472xbxoaadlc9.jpg

meridian
10th June 2017, 20:13
There's a suggestion that there may be a legal challenge available to prevent the DUP allying with the Tories - that under the Good Friday Agreement the UK government must remain neutral, particularly when there is a risk (as there is right now with no Executive Ministers appointed in Stormont) of Direct Rule.

Interesting times.....

No2politics
10th June 2017, 20:22
https://youtu.be/QZOy87jBYMA

Mordac
10th June 2017, 20:49
Oh, Theresa, caught between the devil and the DUP...

Go on, fess up, did you nick that line or just spend hours on the bog perfecting it? :wink

Mordac
10th June 2017, 20:52
Theresa May:

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_large/public/thumbnails/image/2017/06/10/12/db472xbxoaadlc9.jpg

Sadly the poster has a date on it, which doesn't correlate with this election. It could be earlier locals, or a previous GE, but it smacks of desperation on your part. Hope you didn't spend too many hours trawling google to find it. That would be quite sad...

Edit: It's from 2010, the last time the 6th of May was on a Thursday. You really are quite a sad and twisted little cockwomble, aren't you.

darmstadt
11th June 2017, 08:08
Sadly the poster has a date on it, which doesn't correlate with this election. It could be earlier locals, or a previous GE, but it smacks of desperation on your part. Hope you didn't spend too many hours trawling google to find it. That would be quite sad...

Edit: It's from 2010, the last time the 6th of May was on a Thursday. You really are quite a sad and twisted little cockwomble, aren't you.

I knew that you ****tard, it was just to point out that DUP aren't all exactly Tory lovers. As it is, it looks like that the Tories are lying again, first stating that there has been a 'confidence and supply' agreement and not stating that in fact a final agreement has to be signed after the DUP lot said there wasn't. You love liars don't you?

WTFH
11th June 2017, 08:54
I wonder will it be a Soft DUP or a Hard DUP?
Hard DUP is a bit like UKIP, except replace the hatred of all Muslims with a hatred of all Roman Catholics.

If May can't negotiate a strong and stable deal with the DUP, what chance has she got with the EU?

But we're all going to be OK - Brexiters got us into this clusterfeck of a mess, they'll have a way out (probably involves blaming the EU, although I'm not sure "I blame the EU" is exactly a way to do business or run a country)

scooterscot
11th June 2017, 10:06
If May can't negotiate a strong and stable deal with the DUP, what chance has she got with the EU?

But we're all going to be OK - Brexiters got us into this clusterfeck of a mess, they'll have a way out (probably involves blaming the EU, although I'm not sure "I blame the EU" is exactly a way to do business or run a country)

Incredible isn't it? UK influence is saturating whilst the EU gains a new strength of its own. We've soon no one else to blame, we're consuming ourselves into oblivion.

darmstadt
11th June 2017, 10:50
I wonder will it be a Soft DUP or a Hard DUP?
Hard DUP is a bit like UKIP, except replace the hatred of all Muslims with a hatred of all Roman Catholics.

Now she will have to give Farage a role: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ennoble-farage-or-else-warns-former-ukip-backer-5xkw0b9f0?shareToken=e18c213a5da4f6a3ad60684cc0603 194 or nasty little shit Banks will go nuclear

BlasterBates
11th June 2017, 11:01
Now she will have to give Farage a role: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ennoble-farage-or-else-warns-former-ukip-backer-5xkw0b9f0?shareToken=e18c213a5da4f6a3ad60684cc0603 194 or nasty little tulip Banks will go nuclear

Smacks of desperation. A last "twitch" of the Hard Brexit corpse. Confirms my view of the Tories being between a rock and a hard place. It will be fascinating to watch if they agree.

What it will do is to bolster Labour's chances.

darmstadt
11th June 2017, 15:26
Although from 2013, this shows what May is getting into bed with: Former DUP council candidate sentenced to eight years for pipe-bomb attack on Polish neighbours - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/former-dup-council-candidate-sentenced-to-eight-years-for-pipebomb-attack-on-polish-neighbours-29206287.html)

shaunbhoy
11th June 2017, 15:28
We've soon no one else to blame, we're consuming ourselves into oblivion.

Who is this "we", ya squareheaded sausage-muncher wannabe?

darmstadt
11th June 2017, 22:23
The DUP party view is that they don't believe in marriage eqality, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in homosexuality, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in abortion in the case of rape, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that there should be mandatory prayer days, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view (but only those of the Free Presbyterian Church) is that women should have head coverings, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party line is that blasphemy should be outlawed, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that alcohol consumption should be restricted, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that they don't believe in evolution, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party view is that line dancing is a sin, so does Sharia Law

The DUP party get very upset about symbols, so does Sharia Law

(the last two are frivolous, possibly)