• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What, No Dragon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, No Dragon?

It's good to know that our officials are working tirelessly to safeguard our interests. Are they going to ban "Toad in the hole" because of the lack of toads in the meal next?

Sausages affected by draconian trade laws

A SPICY sausage known as the Welsh Dragon will have to be renamed after trading standards’ officers warned the manufacturers that they could face prosecution because it does not contain dragon.

The sausages will now have to be labelled Welsh Dragon Pork Sausages to avoid any confusion among customers.

Jon Carthew, 45, who makes the sausages, said yesterday that he had not received any complaints about the absence of real dragon meat. He said: “I don’t think any of our customers believe that we use dragon meat in our sausages. We use the word because the dragon is synonymous with Wales.”

His company, the Black Mountains Smokery at Crickhowell, in Powys, turns out 200,000 sausages a year, including the Welsh Dragon, which is made with chili, leak and pork. A Powys County Council spokesman said: “The product was not sufficiently precise to inform a purchaser of the true nature of the food.”

Yes, and I bet there are people out there wondering why Smarties don't make them clever.

What about HotDogs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
      Yes, and I bet there are people out there wondering why Smarties don't make them clever.

What about HotDogs ?
      Don't they? Next you'll be telling me Swiss roll is made in an industrial complex in Northampton.

Has that got anything to do with putting Churchill between two slices of bread?

Comment

STABBITY STAB STAB STABBB

You line em up and i'll keep stabbing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Sausages affected by draconian trade laws
          did you mean
          Sausages affected by dragonian trade laws

I'll get my coat
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

And there was no elephant nor a castle ...

Comment

'Toad in the Hole' doesn't contain toads

Gypsy Tart doesn't contain gypsies

Mock Goose doesn't contain goose.

Chilli isn't a cold dish

Comment

Shepard's Pie does not contain Shepards. Nore has it ever belonged to a Shepard.

And I doubt that every single Tuna was questioned to discover if 'some of my best friends are Dolphins' before being canned.

Supermarkets are lying b*stards.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

You are all joking, right? Please be joking otherwise my whole world picture has just been turned upside down.

Surely cottage pie still has some cottage in it then? A bit of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage if you shop at F&M.

Comment

Blackpool rock doesnt have rocks in it
                    Sweeny Todd meat pies didnt contain anyone from The Sweeny
                    Scouse doesnt contain any scousers
                    Mince pies dont have minced meat

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X