• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Positive news on immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive news on immigration

Immigration falling
    I'm alright Jack

Positive?

Wait 'till you need Florence
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Well, we soon saw them off, didn't we sir? Miserable slant-eye, sausage eating swine.

Comment

She added: ‘Clearly action is needed to offset any further loss of EU nursing staff in the near future. But the overall shortage of 30,000 nurses is not a shortage caused by the Brexit vote.

'The chronic shortage of nurses is the result of years of short-term planning and cuts to training places. A sustainable, long-term approach to workforce planning is desperately needed.'
        Yes because importing nurses from countries with a greater need than us is of course perfectly acceptable.

Hmm its been a sticking plaster for dreadful government policy.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Unless you're in IT and then the figures are non-EU which makes a mockery of Leavers: Record number of non-EU techies coming to Blighty • The Register
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I very much suspect they'll compensate by recruiting nurses from Asian and Middle Eastern countries and provide accommodation for them and their families.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              I very much suspect they'll compensate by recruiting nurses from Asian and Middle Eastern countries and provide accommodation for them and their families.
              Philippines is a major exporter of nurses. The families tend to stay at home.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Philippines is a major exporter of nurses. The families tend to stay at home.
                That's because it's very difficult for Filippinos to get in the UK as it is.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  That's because it's very difficult for Filippinos to get in the UK as it is.
                  It's something of an economic and social model. The Philippines train and export nurses who send back remittances. The kids stay with the grandparents. It's quite sad, really, but there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    It's something of an economic and social model. The Philippines train and export nurses who send back remittances. The kids stay with the grandparents. It's quite sad, really, but there you go.
                    Yeah I know what you're saying my Dad's side of the family are Filippino and they're all over the world.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X