• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Reform Private Sector- News, Rumors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Reform Private Sector- News, Rumors

I keep hearing differing opinions on what's coming next. However, most of the people I spoke with agree with this- there will be a reform similar to the public sector, especially now with the worsening economic situation. The only question is when would that happen...

With PS they could control the employers.

And in some cases PS ended up paying alot more. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson.

Comment

It just doesn't make any sense whichever way you dress it up. It will be a monumental cock-up.

This government will still go ahead with it.

Time for Plan B.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        It just doesn't make any sense whichever way you dress it up. It will be a monumental cock-up.

Time for Plan B.

qh
        Indeed

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          With PS they could control the employers.

And in some cases PS ended up paying alot more. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson.
          Lsat time I heard, they were VERY happy how the reform is being implemented for PSC...

Comment

Just a couple of months ago we were all saying "all we know is they won't announce it ahead of a General Election"...

Our thinking is that they'll have to bring it in at some point or else admit to creating a two-tier system with the Public Sector being made more expensive to run than the Private Sector. Make your own political arguments on that one, I'm not touching it with a barge pole.

Sadly, it's easier for the media to point at contractors and shout "tax-dodgers" than it is to present a balanced argument for the benefits and challenges of contracting. Where the media leads, the politicians usually follow.

Only hope (and I hate myself a little for saying this) is serious lobbying from the front-benchers best friends who would prefer their contractor costs did not rise, thank you very much.

Rob@Numbermill

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Time for Plan B.

qh
              Leave this f** mess and go abroad?

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
                Probably.

<NWP2C mode> I'm just deciding who to market my amazing plan b to I have them literally begging me to sell to them for top, top, top end rate. For the North West. </NWP2C>

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
                  Not sure about the go abroad bit (doing far too much of that at the moment regardless) but I expect I will be working for far more foreign companies going forward...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Not sure about the go abroad bit (doing far too much of that at the moment regardless) but I expect I will be working for far more foreign companies going forward...
                    By foreign companies do you mean Indian? Cause I guess we are unfortuantely all heading that way...

Comment

Working...
                    X