• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period ambiguity!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice period ambiguity!

All - Just wanted to get view on the situation. I am on 1 week ( from client side) notice. Client told verbally about my notice last week. I haven't heard anything in email or phone from agency yet! Proactively chased agent however he declined to answer my call or reply to email!

so...I am in dilemma about my notice and last working day! obviously client expects me to finish on Friday however I don't have anything from agency..

What do you guys suggest on possible action? There is 4 weeks notice if I handover notice to them but not sure if I can handover notice now as client has already talked to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..

You get your timesheets signed and leave on Friday.

In the meantime if you can't get in touch with the agent, find the name of the agency director and email/talk to them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Last day is whenever your client says it is - staging a rebellion will not be in your favour.

Official notices while expected are something permies need
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You get your timesheets signed and leave on Friday.

In the meantime if you can't get in touch with the agent, find the name of the agency director and email/talk to them.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Last day is whenever your client says it is - staging a rebellion will not be in your favour.

Official notices while expected are something permies need

Thanks

Comment

Although your contract is with the agency the client has indicated they will only pay for one more week. There will be a clause in your contract saying no pay without a signed timesheet so if you don't work it you won't get paid. You are done regardless of whether the agency follows proper procedure.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Start looking for another contract now

Comment

Working...
              X