• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tiguan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiguan

Our banger appears to have died... power steering failure that will cost more than the car's worth to fix.

We'd been strongly considering a newish Golf to replace it but saw a few Tiguans around at almost comparable prices. Are they as good or just a crap Golf with a high ceiling?

We're looking for a Golf/Focus size car, not too budget-y but don't care about the badge...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Manages to look distinctly unsexy even in black..

Absolutely perfect for you

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Did have a conversation with an ex owner about those, iirc he had an problem with something on the TD cylinder head (belt?) and seems it was known issue , v expensive to replace and VW not interested as over 4 years old

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Our banger appears to have died... power steering failure that will cost more than the car's worth to fix.

We'd been strongly considering a newish Golf to replace it but saw a few Tiguans around at almost comparable prices. Are they as good or just a crap Golf with a high ceiling?

We're looking for a Golf/Focus size car, not too budget-y but don't care about the badge...
        Depends on what you want to spend...

You can get a decent Golf R for about 20k...

although I would have a look at the new Pug 308 GTI......

Or if you fancy a crossover type vehicle the mazda CX3 is available brand new for about 17k

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever seen one up close - will go and take a look. I don't even know how big it is... some silly toy SUV like the Nissan Juke, or more directly comparable with the older RAV-4 which is actually pretty spacious?

My other concern with VWs is the recall over emissions. I've heard that people who took their cars back for the fix (whatever it was) have found them worsened for it. Not sure which models and years were affected.

Here's a silly question: I never bought a car for cash before. Are there limits on what they can take from my debit card if I want to drive the car away today?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Depends on what you want to spend...

You can get a decent Golf R for about 20k...
            Why would I want a Golf R? Other than the uncomfortable suspension and stupid bucket (chav) seats?

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever seen one up close - will go and take a look. I don't even know how big it is... some silly toy SUV like the Nissan Juke, or more directly comparable with the older RAV-4 which is actually pretty spacious?

My other concern with VWs is the recall over emissions. I've heard that people who took their cars back for the fix (whatever it was) have found them worsened for it. Not sure which models and years were affected.

Here's a silly question: I never bought a car for cash before. Are there limits on what they can take from my debit card if I want to drive the car away today?
              You never know with debit cards. Phone the bank first and let them know.

Comment

Why would I want a Golf R? Other than the uncomfortable suspension and stupid bucket (chav) seats?
                4 tailpipes makes it look quite meaty.

Also reviews i read seemed to imply the ride was not that bad - compared to the GTI anyway...

In terms of buying with debit card - any large purchases will often be declined and require a call to the bank anyway - although last time I bought mine on debit card it was fine (about 10 k I think) but I did transfer that dollar from my savings into the current account the day before so maybe that had something to do it - best option is to check with your bank first.

Comment

Get a Macan

Are they as good or just a crap Golf with a high ceiling?
                  My mate has got one. We go to the gym in it. Another mate has got an X3. Same issue.

They're big inside. Which means you've really got to love black plastic.

Because there's football pitch of it inside.
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Me and the wife went to look at a lot of these crossover type cars as the family car, as they have big boots and easier to get the kids in and out of being higher.

We didn't test drive the Tiguan, but as soon as we got in it we didn't like it. seemed way smaller than all the others we saw.

Comment

Working...
                    X