• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I'm newly married and my wife doesn't want a joint account. Am I right to feel hurt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I'm newly married and my wife doesn't want a joint account. Am I right to feel hurt?

Moral Money: 'I'm newly married and my wife doesn't want a joint account. Am I right to feel hurt?'

No, MTFU and be grateful you can keep your own finances separately!

'I'm newly married and my wife/husband doesn't want a joint account. Am I right to feel hurt?
    You're right to feel stupid if you haven't signed a pre-nup. HTH but I think you're in for a long lesson.

Comment

My wife and I have joint accounts and separate accounts, to which we both have access (In Switzerland you can grant access to your own account to your spouse). But there is no concept of my money/her money. It's all hers.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        My wife and I have joint accounts and separate accounts, to which we both have access (In Switzerland you can grant access to your own account to your spouse). But there is no concept of my money/her money. It's all hers.
        Me and the missus have 1 account.

But seeing as we are civilised human beings who don't feel the need to duck other people it works well.

Comment

Hurt?

"Chuffed" would be a better word!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We have a prenupt, much better

Comment

Originally posted by JozefBlofeld View Post
              You're right to feel stupid if you haven't signed a pre-nup. HTH but I think you're in for a long lesson.
              Prenups not automatically valid in England and Wales.

They can be taken into account by the judge but don't have to be.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Never had a joint account, never felt the need. We transfer money between us as needed and that's it really.

Comment

don't you have both?

Individual for each of us and a series of joint accounts for various purposes.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, I guess he can look at it this way:-

Would he prefer to be hurt and suspicious and personally well off?

Or unhurt and personally skint?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X