• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

For the last two days my lan connection in the office has been crap. Outlook keeps dropping the connection, PC freezes up when I try and open documents, takes 20 minutes to log in etc.

Spent most of yesterday on the phone to crappy outsourced helpdesk operation to be told in the end that they had finally rasied a fault and it would be fixed "within three days". Three days FFS!

Oh well, sit on my arse and drink coffee cos I can't do anything else.

Yeah, yeah, I know, nothing new there
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

didn't you spend most of yesterday on this board?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I think it something to do with the server at 127.0.0.1
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

What else do you expect me to do while I'm on hold waiting for them to decide they can't fix it?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Oh well, sit on my arse and drink coffee cos I can't do anything else.
          It is a career strategy that works well for a lot of people.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
          X