• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Useless Council

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing Useless Council

Our binmen didn't empty our nice green paper recycling box on monday, they left all my carefully shredded letters that had useful personal information on them pre-shredding. I phoned up the council to moan that they should bloody do thier job as it's 2 weeks until they come back again and I now have a paper box full of paper and was promptly told that they don't collect shredded paper because it makes a mess in the bottom of the big "recycling" garbage truck.

FFS!!! Everybody tells you to shred important documents, then the fecking council refuses to collect them because the shredded paper makes a mess in the bottom of the garbage truck ???? WTF are they on ????

W*nkers

don't get me started on the fecking binmen...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Put the shredded paper in a cardboard box. Problem solved.
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Ah but the paper people don't take cardboard boxes, they have different binmen to take those.....

i'll just put it in old envelopes and tape it all up with clear cellotape so they don't notice it. That'll teach the feckers nice contaminated paper with a load of plastic in it... MUWAAHAHHAAAAAA

Comment

Burn them in the garden, along with old tyres and plastic.

That's what my neighbours do.

Comment

Find the home address of the council employee paid to manage this and dump it in his or her garden
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Our binmen didn't empty our nice green paper recycling box on monday, they left all my carefully shredded letters that had useful personal information on them pre-shredding. I phoned up the council to moan that they should bloody do thier job as it's 2 weeks until they come back again and I now have a paper box full of paper and was promptly told that they don't collect shredded paper because it makes a mess in the bottom of the big "recycling" garbage truck.

FFS!!! Everybody tells you to shred important documents, then the fecking council refuses to collect them because the shredded paper makes a mess in the bottom of the garbage truck ???? WTF are they on ????

W*nkers

Buy a Woodburner Stove , From £200. I looks nice in the living room, gives out free heat and you can even pop a kettle on it.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not that I'm paranoid or anything... but I put my shredded documents in the composter. Not only do I make sure sensitive documents don't leave my house, in 6 months hey presto! fertilizer for my flowers.

HTH.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  Buy a Woodburner Stove , From £200. I looks nice in the living room, gives out free heat and you can even pop a kettle on it.
                  You can buy a machine to compact paper into fuel bricks for a stove. Now if all your neighbours have the same collection problem you do a local Secure Waste Disposal Service, not too expensive....

Comment

We haven't got round to the garden yet, we have nearly finished the house

A composter will be on the agena once we have cleared a space for it (previous owners seemed to think the garden was a place to throw rubble, probably a good skips worht out there scattered all over the place )

Comment

Working...
                    X