• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more crosses at BA....but

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more crosses at BA....but

...how come all them jihadis are still wearing their burka's?

Mailman

Cos they arn't jewellery...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Will the Sikhs still be allowed to wear their big metal bangles?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Apparently not, and never have been. BA's dress code is 15 years old and explicitly bans the wearing of visible jewellery of any description. It was this that the old biddy fell foul of, nothing to do with the fact that it was a cross.

She was never told she couldn't wear it, just that it could not be visible.

BA said in a statement: "British Airways has 34,000 uniformed staff, all of whom know they must abide by our uniform policy.

"The policy does not ban staff from wearing a cross. It lays down that personal items of jewellery, including crosses may be worn - but underneath the uniform. Other airlines have the same policy.

"The policy recognises that it is not practical for some religious symbols - such as turbans and hijabs - to be worn underneath the uniform. This is purely a question of practicality. There is no discrimination between faiths.

"In Nadia Eweida's case, she is not suspended and we want her to come back to work. We have explained to her the need to comply with the uniform policy like all her colleagues whatever their faith."

BA said Ms Eweida had been offered a non-uniformed post were she would be able to openly wear her cross but had refused to take it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well its the churcys fault. Employers are not there to pamper to your needs.

Comment

So you can still wear your berka!

Sounds like discrimination to me!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              So you can still wear your berka!

Sounds like discrimination to me!

Mailman
              Oi Postie, learn to read you daft twat! A crucifix is deemed to be jewellery and therefore against BA uniform regulations.

The stupid bint has been told that she can have a non-uniformed job where she can openly show her crucifix or she must keep the crucifix covered.

She is merely seeking publicity and should be publicly stoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Oi Postie, learn to read you daft twat! A crucifix is deemed to be jewellery and therefore against BA uniform regulations.

The stupid bint has been told that she can have a non-uniformed job where she can openly show her crucifix or she must keep the crucifix covered.

She is merely seeking publicity and should be publicly stoned.
                Well YOU wear a visible necklace at work churchill. I suppose you get away with it because you are a big shandypants girlie though.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  I wonder why they dont make all them muslim bints take off their religious scarves eh?

Oh thats right, because that WOULD be discrimination. When it happens to a christian it aint!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    Well YOU wear a visible necklace at work churchill. I suppose you get away with it because you are a big shandypants girlie though.
                    Nope, wrong, it's because I'm an animal that needs taming. Where is Jacko when I need her...

Comment

Working...
                    X