• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have no Pity for May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have no Pity for May

We must organise to take this government down.

I fear the Blob is growing and I'm scared

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Good old Owen Jones trying his best to get back on sider after he denounced Corbyn.

Comment

This arrogance, this recklessness, seems rooted in the DNA of the Conservative party.
      It was so great under Labour 1997-2010.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        It was so great under Labour 1997-2010.
        Oi! You've misquoted me

Comment

The blob of irrational leftists like that the twat who wrote that article, the sort who think a warning to illegal immigrants is racist to all immigrants.

There's one fact that these people don't grasp. If poor controls on immigration allow in unsuitable people, it is mostly those of the same ethnicity who will feel the impact a) directly, because of what those people do within their own communities and b) indirectly by raising prejudice when they impact the wider community.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I like to dress as Theresa May, visit NLyUK, have her dress as Arlene Foster, and roger me senseless
            No I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              The blob of irrational leftists like that the twat who wrote that article, the sort who think a warning to illegal immigrants is racist to all immigrants.

There's one fact that these people don't grasp. If poor controls on immigration allow in unsuitable people, it is mostly those of the same ethnicity who will feel the impact a) directly, because of what those people do within their own communities and b) indirectly by raising prejudice when they impact the wider community.
              People like him want to see the country packed to the gunwales with immigrants, legal or otherwise.

While I see the benefits of controlled immigration, I just don't get the motivation for this standpoint - I certainly don't believe it's altruistic in that they want to help the world's poor.

Perhaps it's that old canard that they're all potential labour voters

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

And they don't always help those immigrants either. Most Syrian refugees would be far better off in Saudi.

Not much Muslim brotherly/sisterly love there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And they don't always help those immigrants either. Most Syrian refugees would be far better off in Saudi.

Not much Muslim brotherly/sisterly love there.
                  It was a particularly cruel irony that the first identified victim of that blaze was a Syrian who had fled the conflict there.

The burnt out shell of that tower wouldn't have looked out of place in Homs.

Poor sod.

Comment

Owen Jones is the left wing equivalent of Katie Hopkins. He spent most of the run up to the election slagging off Corbyn, predicting a huge conservative win and insisting Labour were unlectable unless they went back to the Blair years. He'd probably quite like Tony back as PM given half a chance.

In short, he's a knob.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X