• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK - your expats need you.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK - your expats need you.

It's 35°C here at the moment, so I dropped into our local supermarket to get some tonic water. None left. Then I checked the spirit counter. No gin left.

UK - Switzerland needs you. Send gin and Fever Tree now!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

The heat wave is finally moving to North.

Comment

Moved my Buro to the keller, it be nice a cool down here. 31°C with us.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My office is in my cellar. My bedroom has relocated to the cellar as well. I really enjoy hot weather, so long as I don't actually have to do anything.

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        The heat wave is finally moving to North.
        It's been above 30°C for four days - today looks to be the hottest so far. Not as hot as 2004. Yet.
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 22 June 2017, 15:20. Reason: merge
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's a searing 21c here in Dublin...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            My office is in my cellar. My bedroom has relocated to the cellar as well. I really enjoy hot weather, so long as I don't actually have to do anything.

It's been above 30°C for four days - today looks to be the hottest so far. Not as hot as 2004. Yet.
            35ºC in Switzerland the sensation must be higher because it's very humid this time of the year.

Last week was around 40ºC in Lisbon now it's 26ºC.

Comment

What gin?
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                It's a searing 21c here in Dublin...
                28.6 in Phoenix Park yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  It's 35°C here at the moment, so I dropped into our local supermarket to get some tonic water. None left. Then I checked the spirit counter. No gin left.

UK - Switzerland needs you. Send gin and Fever Tree now!
                  This seems to be the gin of choice for the discerning contractor. The cheeky buggers charge £25 for delivery to Europe though. And they don't sell tonic. Oh, and they're currently sold out, but there's a waiting list...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Downstairs in my local Kaufhof there is a really rather large selection of German gins which would look interesting if I liked gin. Found a new one today in Frankfurt, based on a local delicacy: Gin Sieben - echter Frankfurt Dry Gin
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X