• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a result

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a result

GP arrested on GBH after boy 'circumcised without consent' | Daily Mail Online

Family GP is arrested on suspicion of GBH after three-month-old boy was 'circumcised without his mother's consent'
    Dr Balvinder Mehat was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm
    He is said to have performed circumcision on a three-month-old baby
    The baby was visiting its paternal grandparents and the mother is believed to have been unaware that the operation was taking place
    'Landmark case' could be first time non-therapeutic circumcision treated as GBH
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Not good news for my uncle, who was born during WWII, and delivered by an elderly Jewish doctor who circumcised him, just because that's what he always did. The old sod would be about 135 by now, well beyond the reach of the earthly courts.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Not good news for my uncle, who was born during WWII, and delivered by an elderly Jewish doctor who circumcised him, just because that's what he always did. The old sod would be about 135 by now, well beyond the reach of the earthly courts.
      Wow. Someone in your family who wasn't a complete prick.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Wow. Someone in your family who wasn't a complete prick.
        Since I'm adopted I can afford to be a bit selective when it comes to "family". I wonder how many of your relatives would love to be in that position...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Since I'm adopted I can afford to be a bit selective when it comes to "family". I wonder how many of your relatives would love to be in that position...

Adopted? I didn't know. I wonder if your real mum was a Gypsy girl selling lucky heather in pubs in Teddington before someone kicked her legs away and made her crippled & she had to give you away as she couldn't make any money anymore???

Makes you think doesn't it.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Adopted? I didn't know. I wonder if your real mum was a Gypsy girl selling lucky heather in pubs in Teddington before someone kicked her legs away and made her crippled & she had to give you away as she couldn't make any money anymore???

Makes you think doesn't it.
            Now that would be karma...

Edit: That girl was crippled already, don't you try the guilt thing on me again...

Comment

Originally posted by The law and ethics of male circumcision: BMA guidelines
              Both parents should normally give consent for "non-therapeutic" or "ritual" circumcision, i.e. when the procedure is not carried out for medical reasons
              When parents disagree about whether a child should be circumcised, doctors should not circumcise without the leave of a court
              Doctors must make accurate, contemporaneous notes of discussions, consent, the procedure and its aftercare
              The medical harms or benefits of circumcision have not been unequivocally proven but there are clear risks of harm if the procedure is done inexpertly
              All children who are capable of expressing a view should be involved in decisions about whether they should be circumcised, and their wishes taken into account
              Since he carried out the procedure at the behest of the boy's father, and against the mother's wishes, it's clear that without a court order he should not have done it, and so acted illegally - hence the charge of GBH. Now wait to see if he's convicted.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Since he carried out the procedure at the behest of the boy's father, and against the mother's wishes, it's clear that without a court order he should not have done it, and so acted illegally - hence the charge of GBH. Now wait to see if he's convicted.
                What about the baby? They get no say in the matter.

MGM must be made illegal.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  What about the baby? They get no say in the matter.

MGM must be made illegal.
                  Indeed, it was proposed as a law in Germany, not sure if it got through though

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Indeed, it was proposed as a law in Germany, not sure if it got through though
                    It didn't get through as it would have been considered anti-Semitic and Germany doesn't want to go down that road....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X