PDA

View Full Version : Tory Brexit DOOM™: BTL

AtW
23rd June 2017, 13:40
Buy-to-let UK property sales fall by almost 50% in a year

Council of Mortgage Lenders downgrades forecast saying landlords are withdrawing from market in response to tax changes and tighter lending rules

The number of properties bought by landlords has almost halved in a year after a tax and regulatory clampdown, prompting a leading banking body to downgrade its forecasts for buy-to-let lending in 2017 and 2018.

The Council of Mortgage Lenders said buy to let had had a weak start to 2017, with lending falling faster than expected as landlords withdrew from the market in response to major tax changes and tighter lending rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jun/22/buy-to-let-uk-property-sales-fall-by-almost-50-in-a-year

The_Equalizer
23rd June 2017, 13:43
Buy-to-let UK property sales fall by almost 50% in a year

Council of Mortgage Lenders downgrades forecast saying landlords are withdrawing from market in response to tax changes and tighter lending rules

The number of properties bought by landlords has almost halved in a year after a tax and regulatory clampdown, prompting a leading banking body to downgrade its forecasts for buy-to-let lending in 2017 and 2018.

The Council of Mortgage Lenders said buy to let had had a weak start to 2017, with lending falling faster than expected as landlords withdrew from the market in response to major tax changes and tighter lending rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jun/22/buy-to-let-uk-property-sales-fall-by-almost-50-in-a-year

Is that Tory doom as in doom because Osborne introduced the rules, or because it's believed that BTL investors are Tories? This needs to be made clear before glib comments can be made.

AtW
23rd June 2017, 13:44
or because it's believed that BTL investors are Tories?

I don't think many of them will vote Tory anymore :laugh

The_Equalizer
23rd June 2017, 13:54
I don't think many of them will vote Tory anymore :laugh

So are you telling me that Labour voters are selfish ba5tards and not the happy-go-luck altristic tree hungers that we are lead to believe?

BrilloPad
23rd June 2017, 14:02
Not much of a house price drop. Yet. I live in hope.

The_Equalizer
23rd June 2017, 14:03

We'll get there.

BrilloPad
23rd June 2017, 14:03
We'll get there.

Sooner the better. The longer the bubble grows the worse it will be when it pops.

d000hg
23rd June 2017, 14:13
Isn't this what the tax changes were FOR... i.e. to drive behaviour not collect cash by stopping the well-to-do buying every single house as a BTL to make profit off the less well-to-do, so that pressure on property drops and more people can buy their own home?

The_Equalizer
23rd June 2017, 14:20
Isn't this what the tax changes were FOR... i.e. to drive behaviour not collect cash by stopping the well-to-do buying every single house as a BTL to make profit off the less well-to-do, so that pressure on property drops and more people can buy their own home?

Exactly. However, sensible Conservative polices aren't fashionable.

AtW
23rd June 2017, 14:29
Isn't this what the tax changes were FOR...

No, the tax changes were to raise much needed revenue in a relatively stealthy way.

HTH

northernladyuk
23rd June 2017, 14:30

House Prices in Hope, Wrexham, Wrexham (County of) (http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/Hope.html)

AtW
23rd June 2017, 14:30
Exactly. However, sensible Conservative polices aren't fashionable.

:laugh

:rollin:

Yeah, and the big hike in dividend tax was also "sensible Tory Scum policy" designed to slow down "false incorporation" :mad

The_Equalizer
23rd June 2017, 14:36
:laugh

:rollin:

Yeah, and the big hike in dividend tax was also "sensible Tory Scum policy" designed to slow down "false incorporation" :mad

Best of a bad bunch as you'll find out should Corbyn get his hands on the reins. Just have a look at Labour's tax policies for the 1970s.

northernladyuk
23rd June 2017, 14:42
Best of a bad bunch as you'll find out should Corbyn get his hands on the reins. Just have a look at Labour's tax policies for the 1970s.

Under Churchill, top rate of income tax was 99.25%.

AtW
23rd June 2017, 14:45

But it's Tories who are leading to Korbyn - it's Tories who fook over their own core voting base, you want me to support that?

AtW
23rd June 2017, 14:45
Under Churchill, top rate of income tax was 99.25%.

What about SupremeSpod?

radish2008
23rd June 2017, 14:46

Are you a troll or just a thick twat ?

AtW
23rd June 2017, 14:47
Are you a troll or just a thick twat ?

He voted for Brexit... which is exactly the thing that would put Korbyn in power, at best in 2022, at worst - later this year.

ChimpMaster
23rd June 2017, 15:18
No, the tax changes were to raise much needed revenue in a relatively stealthy way.

HTH

Exactly.

Shocking how few people can see through the ill thought out Osborne plans.

Tax implementations are never put in place to help people. Where are the hordes of first-time buyers now? Surely they must be queuing up to buy all those houses that greedy investors are no longer buying.