• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turkey and the Dark Ages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey and the Dark Ages

Bye Bye Secularism

Turkey to stop teaching evolution

The new curriculum will go into effect for the 2017- 2018 school year.
    It was crafted to emphasize national values and highlight contributions made by Turkish and Muslim scholars
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Being basically an engineer/technical-type person, I've always firmly believed in evolution.

But I'm starting to have doubts.

I mean... In that context, how does one explain Jeremy Corbyn....?
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Turkey is certainly run by *******.

By the way: MLA backs event promoting teaching children creationism - The Irish News

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Being basically an engineer/technical-type person, I've always firmly believed in evolution.

Even evolution throws up the occasional throwback.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

One of nature's many experiments that didn't quite work.

As you know who said, "Many are called, few are chosen", which I think nicely sums up the principle of Evolution (although fundamentalist Christians are too dogmatic and stupid to see it).
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Isn't Turkey the model Trump wants?

Comment

Turkey is a complete mess. It's being turned into the Saudi of Europe. No one wants that on their doorstep.

Reading the state here in Germany is looking to revoke dual citizenship of Turks for voting him in. Which could have consequences for individuals like myself before Brexit is complete.

Only 8-12 months of this sheet show to go before I can get my passport. Lets hope it holds together until then.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 25 June 2017, 10:34.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Only 8-12 of the sheet show to go before I can get my passport. Lets hope it holds together until then.
                  Scooter back
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Scooter back
                    If EU citizens get a bad deal in the UK I'm probably returning to the UK not by choice.

It's in your interest to make sure EU citizens get full expenses paid for houses everything.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X