• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any GIS contractors out there??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any GIS contractors out there??

Just wanted to see if there were many GIS contractors out there? Looking at doing it myself and wanted to know if getting work is an issue.

Prefereably looking at GIS developer work ArcGIS etc.

Only GIS development work around Edinburgh at the moment is at Tadpole Technologies, who offer a whopping £225 a day for 3 years C#, previous C++ experience etc etc... about £100 a day less than an average contract here.

I dont work in GIS, for obvious reasons....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

thats rubbish!!! Not surprised you don't bother!

I have seen some for about £350 around the south east where I am and generally looks at development and setting op mapping servers etc.

Comment

I worked with a couple of GIS guys in my last permanent gig. ArcVIew and ESRI. *Very* niche area. Aim for the big mining and oil companies is your best bet.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X