• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's new trade strategy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain's new trade strategy

Britain to focus on the poorest countries to strike trade deals with

Britain is turning to the world’s poorest countries to shore up trade as Brexit puts existing deals on an uncertain footing.
    Getting trade deals with Haiti and Ghana is an absolute master stroke

I'm alright Jack

And they're desperate for massive quantities of UK manufactured goods ?? Like Pringle jumpers and home made jam ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        And they're desperate for massive quantities of UK manufactured goods ?? Like Pringle jumpers and home made jam ?
        I think the plan is to import German goods, thanks to our low-tariff EU trade deal, and then sell them on to poor countries at a profit, again thanks to the trade deal they have with the UK, and hope Germany doesn't notice what we're up to. Boomed!

Great news if you're in the filing serial numbers off BMWs business.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          It's not just goods. The UK can now sell to Haiti branded services such as the 'I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here' TV show format. In return the UK can import their expertise in how to deliver essentials services in a failed state.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Unbelievable.
            Why unbelievable?
            Didn't you vote to withdraw from the richest trading bloc in the world?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Why unbelievable?
              Didn't you vote to withdraw from the richest trading bloc in the world?
              However I voted is irrelevant. We are all in this together. Some more than others.

The UK does not want to withdraw from the Common Market. Only from the EU bureaucracy and over regulation.

To quote from the original article: -
              The government promised improved access to U.K. markets for the world’s poorest countries and to maintain existing duty-free access for “everything but arms” for 48 of them including Bangladesh, Sierra Leone and Haiti. Britain also will seek to expand relationships with nations including Jamaica, Pakistan and Ghana.
              The announcement “shows our commitment to helping developing countries grow their economies and reduce poverty through trade,” Fox said.

I would like to see a commitment to get the best deal possible for the UK. China, Saudi and the US are better placed to help the poorest countries.

Oh I forgot. The UK will get the best deal for the rich and f**k the poor. Wealth gap will widen. When will we get a decent depression to cut the rich down to size?

Comment

Originally Posted by BrexitMan

To quote from the original article: -
                The government promised improved access to U.K. markets for the world’s poorest countries and to maintain existing duty-free access for “everything but arms” for 48 of them including Bangladesh, Sierra Leone and Haiti. Britain also will seek to expand relationships with nations including Jamaica, Pakistan and Ghana.
                The announcement “shows our commitment to helping developing countries grow their economies and reduce poverty through trade,” Fox said.
                Presumably part of the deal will be freedom of movement in order to replace the EU migrants who are performing essential roles and get some cheaper ones in
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Presumably part of the deal will be freedom of movement in order to replace the EU migrants who are performing essential roles and get some cheaper ones in
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to darmstadt again.

I don't know if to or ...

Comment

Working...
                  X