• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekly / Monthly payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly / Monthly payment

Hi Again,

Close to a (mobile) contract. Is it feasible to ask for weekly payment in the contract? - seen that mentioned here, and didn't know it could be done. Under what circumstances will an agent/client consider this?
    What was my name again?

Medium size-to-big companies usually do monthy, bi-monthly or quarterly payment runs, and will struggle to pay weekly.

If you are so keen on weekly payment that you're prepared to put an agency in the deal, then there are lots that can do weekly payment. I'd recommend Modis.

If you're obliged to use a particular agency, then again they'll either be set up to pay weekly, or they won't.

As usual, if you're one of a kind then you can insist on it, but it you're easily replaceable it might be a deal breaker.

Comment

i get paid twice a week

Comment

paying weekly

I have rarely seen weekly payments from any agency simply because they are acting as factoring agents. This means a weekly schedule would incur more admin costs and even worse, the agent may not get paid for a very long time whilst they have already paid you.

One agency went burst due to non payment by a customer. I forget who they were.
        It would take a very large agency with deep pockets to take this sort of risk with paying weekly.

Comment

2 times, tuesday and friday - YEAH!

Comment

All (three!) of my contracts have been paid weekly via agents. My new one says I can choose to invoice monthly, but I still have to send a timesheet every week, so I figure I may as well just invoice every week at the same time and reduce the risk of the agent going bust or deciding not to pay.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I invoice and get paid weekly.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm through Modis, and get invoices paid weekly, although somtimes if I've been working away from site and have not got time sheets signes it can be every two weeks, or three.....very flexable....of course being paid weekly meen you can earn extra interest on your money.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

well i dont even need a scratty timesheet, all online!! YEAH!

Comment

Surely this is part of the negotiation. If you want paying weekly then press for it. The client wants you and it is you who will be working for them, not the agency. I have often got my payment terms down to a weekly basis especially if I'm ending a lean patch.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X