• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM FAO Drei

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM FAO Drei

Originally posted by Drei View Post
    Are you that silly that you do not know simple maths? the current UK population is the same as France, almost the same as Germany? Yet the land mass of both of these countries are about 3 4 times bigger? Are you just that Ignorant? Why do you think there are so many people waiting at Calais to come to the UK?

Another one for your collection, did you know that about 50% of Eastern Europe population is in West Europe now? The population of Eastern European migrants in Britain rose by over %600 since the mid 2000.

When I say "our" I am referring to the middle class Eastern European nationals.

I am a foreigner and I did vote Brexit for the right reasons. The UK Gov needs to negotiate better deals and have a better process in place for foreign workers. If I could I would move to the US, Canada or Australia.
    It took me a while, however I finally got to the heart of your post. I am probably wasting my time judging from some of your points, but I am bored so what the heck.

I welcome foreigners to the UK and so do the vast majority of the British. We always have and its one of the things that made the UK great.

However, as you pointed out, the UK is now getting full. And not enough housing was built to cope with immigration. Which is why I voted Brexit. Why did you vote Brexit?

Personally, I would have preferred to see non-EU immigration curbed or lots more UK housing built. However it was not an option. Though the reason most people voted Brexit was being sick of inequality and a desire to give DC a kicking.

I would like to join you in moving abroad. I hate the UK - for various reasons. However until I leave I intend to make the best of it and stop whining.

HTH

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It took me a while, however I finally got to the heart of your post. I am probably wasting my time judging from some of your points, but I am bored so what the heck.

I welcome foreigners to the UK and so do the vast majority of the British. We always have and its one of the things that made the UK great.

However, as you pointed out, the UK is now getting full. And not enough housing was built to cope with immigration. Which is why I voted Brexit. Why did you vote Brexit?

Personally, I would have preferred to see non-EU immigration curbed or lots more UK housing built. However it was not an option. Though the reason most people voted Brexit was being sick of inequality and a desire to give DC a kicking.

I would like to join you in moving abroad. I hate the UK - for various reasons. However until I leave I intend to make the best of it and stop whining.

HTH

At least we agree on something

P.S. My initial post had a few different points mixed up, I thought you would be good at working that out the bottom line I wanted to make was that not everyone in the UK actually wants to be here. This says something about the countries they are coming from and the sort of people they are.
    Last edited by Drei; 28 June 2017, 21:48.

Comment

HTH
      ...he whined.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        ...he whined.
        Deep

Monica

Comment

At least we agree on something

P.S. My initial post had a few different points mixed up, I thought you would be good at working that out the bottom line I wanted to make was that not everyone in the UK actually wants to be here. This says something about the countries they are coming from and the sort of people they are.
          So why did you vote Brexit?

I do understand when someone does not want to be somewhere. For instance, no man wants to be married.....

Comment

So why did you vote Brexit?

I do understand when someone does not want to be somewhere. For instance, no man wants to be married.....
            Hmmm... I actually want to be married. Not sure why you would say that "no man wants to". Why would you not want to be married if you find the right partner? As a human being you need someone to walk with you on your journey and be witness to your life, otherwise you might as well not exist. Not like anyone would remember you after 2 3 generations.

I vote Brexit because when I moved to the area it was an English speaking area and I could walk in to my GP and see them right there. Now I can hardly hear any English and it takes me 1 month to get an appointment. I voted Brexit because the majority of foreigners that I personally know, contrary to what you believe do not pay FULL taxes (just the minimum) and they take advantage of every free stuff the government gives out. Do you have any idea how many foreigners (stay at home or cash in hand working women) went and did a specific Leisure and Tourism course because they were getting a £9000 grant which they would never have to pay back? Any idea how many non UK children receive child benefits? We don't even know if they are real or not, pretty damn easy to fake documents outside the UK. Do you have any idea how many FAKE driving licenses were converted to FULL UK Licenses? (DVLA has no way of verifying those). Do you know how many criminals are here that continue to add to the UK crime? No, you only find out once they killed, raped or committed some other form of high profile crime. I could list here so many things.

The system is broken, there must be a thought out processes and infrastructure in place to handle every migrant that comes into the UK. Considering that the UK is an island it should have similar rules as Australia, New Zeeland, Canada, America... etc

The EU wanted UK citizens and EU citizens to have the exact same benefits for being in the UK. I am sorry but why? Plenty of countries that do not follow this rules. Do you know that for example in the middle east only Arab born are allowed to own land and property? Foreigners can buy certain flats part of city development but in general you have no rights in their countries no matter how many taxes you pay and what you do. Let's jump closer to Switzerland... if you go there you get taxed through the nose even if you are a temporary worker, when you leave you get absolutely jack tulip.

I am all for unity and prosperity if and only if a unified system is put in place, if the EU behaves like a united nation where the minimum pay is the same everywhere, the benefits are the same everywhere, the salaries are the same and taxes are the same. Funny tulip is that the cost of living is pretty much the same everywhere in the EU. Goods cost the same (surely some prices may vary but the main core is the same). Petrol is pretty much the same, this cost pushed the cost of goods and facilities to be the same. This is the reason why so many people come to the UK. Plenty send money back home so that their families can afford to pay the same price for their pint of milk, food, fuel, gas and electricity.
            Last edited by Drei; 2 July 2017, 22:55.

Comment

Hmmm... I actually want to be married. Not sure why you would say that "no man wants to". Why would you not want to be married if you find the right partner? As a human being you need someone to walk with you on your journey and be witness to your life, otherwise you might as well not exist. Not like anyone would remember you after 2 3 generations.

I vote Brexit because when I moved to the area it was an English speaking area and I could walk in to my GP and see them right there. Now I can hardly hear any English and it takes me 1 month to get an appointment. I voted Brexit because the majority of foreigners that I personally know, contrary to what you believe do not pay FULL taxes (just the minimum) and they take advantage of every free stuff the government gives out. Do you have any idea how many foreigners (stay at home or cash in hand working women) went and did a specific Leisure and Tourism course because they were getting a £9000 grant which they would never have to pay back? Any idea how many non UK children receive child benefits? We don't even know if they are real or not, pretty damn easy to fake documents outside the UK. Do you have any idea how many FAKE driving licenses were converted to FULL UK Licenses? (DVLA has no way of verifying those). Do you know how many criminals are here that continue to add to the UK crime? No, you only find out once they killed, raped or committed some other form of high profile crime. I could list here so many things.

The system is broken, there must be a thought out processes and infrastructure in place to handle every migrant that comes into the UK. Considering that the UK is an island it should have similar rules as Australia, New Zeeland, Canada, America... etc

The EU wanted UK citizens and EU citizens to have the exact same benefits for being in the UK. I am sorry but why? Plenty of countries that do not follow this rules. Do you know that for example in the middle east only Arab born are allowed to own land and property? Foreigners can buy certain flats part of city development but in general you have no rights in their countries no matter how many taxes you pay and what you do. Let's jump closer to Switzerland... if you go there you get taxed through the nose even if you are a temporary worker, when you leave you get absolutely jack tulip.

I am all for unity and prosperity if and only if a unified system is put in place, if the EU behaves like a united nation where the minimum pay is the same everywhere, the benefits are the same everywhere, the salaries are the same and taxes are the same. Funny tulip is that the cost of living is pretty much the same everywhere in the EU. Goods cost the same (surely some prices may vary but the main core is the same). Petrol is pretty much the same, this cost pushed the cost of goods and facilities to be the same. This is the reason why so many people come to the UK. Plenty send money back home so that their families can afford to pay the same price for their pint of milk, food, fuel, gas and electricity.
              Someone will be along soon to call you a racist and to explain that we should embrace the opportunity the EU gives us to serve the glorious future.

Comment

You make it very hard to respond to so many point. However I will try.

So all those people who get divorced found the wrong partner and married them anyway? People do change. What I always find amusing is that those women who argue against men having 50% of child responsibilities are actually arguing against women having 50% responsibility in the workplace.

I am sorry you feel the need to have someone with you to feel complete - true contentment comes from within. Note I said contentment rather than happiness. Do you understand the difference?

You keep trying to tell me what I believe or do not believe. Maybe you should try listening? IMO you have highly exaggerated the issue with "foreigners" in the UK. And there are plenty of home grown scumbags.

I agree fully.

I agree fully. Furthermore I believe that only UK born should be allowed to own property in the UK.

Indeed. The EU forced though currency unity before fiscal unity. In Southern Europe the citizens are suffering. Quite why they don't rise up is beyond me.

Comment

I agree fully. Furthermore I believe that only UK born should be allowed to own property in the UK.
                  Well that's Boris Johnson ****ed then

Johnson was born on 19 June 1964 at a hospital on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

HTH
                    Pray, do tell.

I went for a wonderful coastal walk in the glorious sunshine yesterday taking in the Golden Cap, the highest point on the south coast, followed by a couple of pints of Palmers ale in the Anchor at Seatown.

(A perfect antidote to the claustrophobic gloom of my introductory spelunk down Swildon's Hole on Saturday)

There is nowhere else in the world where I would even be able to come remotely close to this experience.

This country will need to go downhill considerably for me to consider leaving.

I do, however, appreciate that the rural south west is still largely unaffected by the negative aspects of 21 century life so it's easy for me to have such a "glass is half-full" outlook.
                    Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 3 July 2017, 10:09.

Comment

Working...
                    X