PDA

View Full Version : Brexiteers' safe space thread

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 08:23
We have a lot of Brexit doom at the moment, and many of us are starting to worry about the fragile mental health of our Brexiteer friends. So, please use this thread solely for posting Brexit good news stories, preferably from decent patriotic sources that Andrea Leadsom would approve of.

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 08:42
We have a lot of Brexit doom at the moment, and many of us are starting to worry about the fragile mental health of our Brexiteer friends. So, please use this thread solely for posting Brexit good news stories, preferably from decent patriotic sources that Andrea Leadsom would approve of.

The UK have agreed to everything the EU have wanted so that's a good thing isn't it ? or have I just upset them again ?

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 08:46
The UK have agreed to everything the EU have wanted so that's a good thing isn't it ? or have I just upset them again ?

Play nicely. I'll start us off with:

The reasons Brussels could cave to Theresa May’s Brexit demands | UK | News | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/821738/Brexit-Theresa-May-EU-migrants-rights-in-UK-Michel-Barnier-EU-commission)

Brussels could cave to Theresa May’s EU citizens rights deal

EUROPEAN Union Brexit negotiators may be publicly rejecting Theresa May’s citizens rights deal for three million migrants in Britain, but there is a key reason suggesting they may just be bluffing.

VectraMan
28th June 2017, 09:38
Brexit talks end as Google abolishes EU (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/brexit-talks-end-as-google-abolishes-eu-20170627130573)

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 09:50
Brexit talks end as Google abolishes EU (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/brexit-talks-end-as-google-abolishes-eu-20170627130573)

This is very inflammatory, in the Ying and Yang world of leavers and remoaners you may see this as a pin drop but they will have experienced a volcano erupting. Quick Northernlady say something soothing to get this thread back on track again.

VectraMan
28th June 2017, 09:58
Here's one for the Brexiteers to sing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1yc8WRDzlg

woohoo
28th June 2017, 09:59

Classic trolling. Q passive aggressive comment with dismissive quip.

The_Equalizer
28th June 2017, 10:02

Save for the fact no one nibbled.

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 10:04

Your not trying to argue that CUK is a place for constructive, intelligent argument are you ? Have you read the terms and conditions ?

original PM
28th June 2017, 10:17

Nah seriously you do not need to worry about us.

After all us 'old geezers' who voted for Brexit and voted Tory were also those who lived during and shortly after the war where the concept of a 'safe space' was a bunker in Grandad's back garden where we needed to shelter from bombs.

Obviously we understand the youth of today do get hurt by nasty words and not getting their own way but quite frankly we couldn't give a **** and they need to grow a pair of bollocks.

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 10:19

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 10:30

After all us 'old geezers' who voted for Brexit and voted Tory were also those who lived during and shortly after the war where the concept of a 'safe space' was a bunker in Grandad's back garden where we needed to shelter from bombs.

Obviously we understand the youth of today do get hurt by nasty words and not getting their own way but quite frankly we couldn't give a **** and they need to grow a pair of bollocks.

The thought that younger people can travel around Europe cheaply and with little hindrance or having to pay extortionate visa costs is quite frankly outrageous, they should be staying at home with mum and dad where they can look across the road at 2 up 2 down chicken coop houses that cost nearly £1,000,000 and wish that one day they could afford such opulance

original PM
28th June 2017, 10:37
The thought that younger people can travel around Europe cheaply and with little hindrance or having to pay extortionate visa costs is quite frankly outrageous, they should be staying at home with mum and dad where they can look across the road at 2 up 2 down chicken coop houses that cost nearly £1,000,000 and wish that one day they could afford such opulance

And how many people from the UK actually travel around Europe or have the money to travel round Europe or want to Travel around Europe.

Typical me, me, me it's all about me and everyone should do everything to help me attitude.

Bellend.

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 10:39

I'm not really. You deserve everything that is coming to you.

But in the spirit of the safe space thread, here's something to put a bit of spine into you in these dark times.

Katie Hopkins on a year since Brexit | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4633332/KATIE-HOPKINS-stand-strong-Brexit.html)

original PM
28th June 2017, 10:49

But in the spirit of the safe space thread, here's something to put a bit of spine into you in these dark times.

Katie Hopkins on a year since Brexit | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4633332/KATIE-HOPKINS-stand-strong-Brexit.html)

As I have said before i had no idea who Katie Hopkins was until the remainers started their blubbering about what she was saying.

I have not actually read anything she has written.

But feel free to label 17 million people as exactly the same - supposed it makes it easier for your tiny brain to work with?

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 10:51

Save for the fact no one nibbled.

As I have said before i had no idea who Katie Hopkins was until the remainers started their blubbering about what she was saying.

I have not actually read anything she has written.

But feel free to label 17 million people as exactly the same - supposed it makes it easier for your tiny brain to work with?

Tell me how and where I labelled 17 million people as exactly the same.

original PM
28th June 2017, 10:54
Tell me how and where I labelled 17 million people as exactly the same.

:sigh: well you keep mentioning katie hopkins as being some sort of brexiter prom queen

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 10:55
:sigh: well you keep mentioning katie hopkins as being some sort of brexiter prom queen

Is mentioning Katie Hopkins as being some sort of Brexiter prom queen labelling 17 million people as exactly the same?

SueEllen
28th June 2017, 11:00
And how many people from the UK actually travel around Europe or have the money to travel round Europe or want to Travel around Europe.

Typical me, me, me it's all about me and everyone should do everything to help me attitude.

Bellend.

Bellend yourself.

Those cheap holidays in Spain, Greece and France count as travelling in Europe. Yep most people go to one destination a year but they don't have to line up at the borders for lengthy checks to do so.

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 11:00

Dont worry its just PM, his self motivation will wear off by dinnertime and from thereon his todo list will be out of kilter for the rest of the day.

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 11:05
Dont worry its just PM, his self motivation will wear off by dinnertime and from thereon his todo list will be out of kilter for the rest of the day.

I'm just enjoying watching him make an arse of himself. Usually around dinnertime, his Mum lets him play a bit of of Civ 5.

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 11:24
I'm just enjoying watching him make an arse of himself. Usually around dinnertime, his Mum lets him play a bit of of Civ 5.

Civ 5 is hardly a suitable game for PM does his mother know ? By the time he has consulted his Gnatt Chart cross referenced with his PERT and determined a workflow of moves to make someone will have chopped his head off, very frustrating.

xoggoth
28th June 2017, 11:26
Safe space thread? So what's nluk doing on here???

Oh, he started it! It's a trap!!!!

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 11:26
Civ 5 is hardly a suitable game for PM does his mother know ? By the time he has consulted his Gnatt Chart cross referenced with his PERT and determined a workflow of moves to make someone will have chopped his head off, very frustrating.

OPM uses Civ 5 to inform his Brexit negotiation strategy.

original PM
28th June 2017, 11:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJhu15f-hg

BrilloPad
28th June 2017, 11:29
Could we have a Brexit safe space forum? Proposed many times - sadly not implemented yet.

original PM
28th June 2017, 11:40

Ahh but you are assuming I am a PM - and I am not.....

for example are you a Motoukenin?

what ever one of those may be (google gives me nothing?)

billybiro
28th June 2017, 11:53

:tumble:

billybiro
28th June 2017, 11:56

Says the tory voting brexiteer.

The irony is strong in this one.

original PM
28th June 2017, 11:57
Says the tory voting brexiteer.

The irony is strong in this one.

Well according to the combined intelligence on this board you are actually a pen.

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 12:14
Ahh but you are assuming I am a PM - and I am not.....

for example are you a Motoukenin?

what ever one of those may be (google gives me nothing?)

Not sure it works like that otherwise that woohoo guy would be going around checking his peers sphincter's all day and I am pretty sure he doesn't do that

woohoo
28th June 2017, 12:54
Not sure it works like that otherwise that woohoo guy would be going around checking his peers sphincter's all day and I am pretty sure he doesn't do that

that woohoo guy, is the potential poster of the year and soon to be the only paid up poster on this forum (just waiting for the pm from admin to confirm). Show some respect.

OwlHoot
28th June 2017, 13:25
OK, I'll bite ...

2017-06-28 A Year After the Brexit Vote the Establishment’s Claims of Doom Look Absurd (https://heatst.com/world/a-year-after-the-brexit-vote-the-establishments-claims-of-doom-look-absurd/)

A year ago the British people made a brave and historic decision to leave the EU. That was despite a torrent of lurid warnings from across the British establishment. A year on, we can already see how wide of the mark many of the establishment’s claims are proving.

We haven’t left yet, of course. That means that Brexiteer celebrations have been muted. It also means that Remoaner doom-mongering is still in full gear.

Eurocrats may be intransigent in negotiations and seek to “punish” us by denying a free trade deal. As we are net importers from the EU they would be punishing continental businesses rather more. Their mentality shows just what an abusive relationship we have been trapped in. It is unlikely that the EU would engage in such an act of self-harm – but certainly possible.

:::

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 13:29
OK, I'll bite ...

2017-06-28 A Year After the Brexit Vote the Establishment’s Claims of Doom Look Absurd (https://heatst.com/world/a-year-after-the-brexit-vote-the-establishments-claims-of-doom-look-absurd/)

That's the spirit!

original PM
28th June 2017, 13:42
OK, I'll bite ...

For those we are going to be to lazy to read the thread here are the highlights

"Then-Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne declared that such a decision “would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy” which would “lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000” within two years.

A year on, unemployment is 1.54 million according to figures Office for National Statistics. The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.6 per cent – its lowest in 42 years. In May last year – when Osborne issued his warning – there were 1.67 million unemployed according to the ONS which was 5.0 per cent."

"Then there was all the talk about a stock market crash. On June 23 last year, the day of the EU referendum, the FTSE 100 closing price was 6,338. It is now 7,433. At first we were told that the FTSE 100 didn’t count as it reflected big international companies. The FTSE 250 was supposedly a better measure. All right then. The FTSE 250 closed at 17,333 on June 23 last year. Today it is on 19,518."

"A year later house prices are higher. According to the latest figure from HM Land Registry the average house price in the UK is £220,094, and the index stands at 115.43. Property prices have risen by 1.6 per cent compared to the previous month, and risen by 5.6% compared to the previous year. So far as interest rates are concerned the Bank of England cut the base rate from 0.5 per cent to 0.25 per cent."

"A year on, the subject is still sensitive. Brexiteers who avoid triumphalism reflects
a very British concern for good manners. But wouldn’t a mood of peace and reconciliation be helped if the Remain supporters not only accepted the result but also accepted that much of what they claimed during the campaign has already been proved wrong."

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 13:45

"Then-Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne declared that such a decision “would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy” which would “lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000” within two years.

A year on, unemployment is 1.54 million according to figures Office for National Statistics. The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.6 per cent – its lowest in 42 years. In May last year – when Osborne issued his warning – there were 1.67 million unemployed according to the ONS which was 5.0 per cent."

"Then there was all the talk about a stock market crash. On June 23 last year, the day of the EU referendum, the FTSE 100 closing price was 6,338. It is now 7,433. At first we were told that the FTSE 100 didn’t count as it reflected big international companies. The FTSE 250 was supposedly a better measure. All right then. The FTSE 250 closed at 17,333 on June 23 last year. Today it is on 19,518."

"A year later house prices are higher. According to the latest figure from HM Land Registry the average house price in the UK is £220,094, and the index stands at 115.43. Property prices have risen by 1.6 per cent compared to the previous month, and risen by 5.6% compared to the previous year. So far as interest rates are concerned the Bank of England cut the base rate from 0.5 per cent to 0.25 per cent."

"A year on, the subject is still sensitive. Brexiteers who avoid triumphalism reflects
a very British concern for good manners. But wouldn’t a mood of peace and reconciliation be helped if the Remain supporters not only accepted the result but also accepted that much of what they claimed during the campaign has already been proved wrong."

Now we're motoring! Any more?

original PM
28th June 2017, 13:46

Nah struggling to see how this links with Civ 5 - not played Civ 6 yet so that may be more pertinent.

The_Equalizer
28th June 2017, 13:50

We've not left yet?

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 13:51
We've not left yet?

This is your space, so whatever works for you.

NigelJK
28th June 2017, 14:34
Maybe start a 'safe space for Labour voters' because if you keep banging on about it you might get a Labour Gvmnt?

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 14:37
Maybe start a 'safe space for Labour voters' because if you keep banging on about it you might get a Labour Gvmnt?

The Cretin-King is back!

Come on in - you'll soon feel the warm (but not triumphalist) glow of Brexit success.

Whorty
28th June 2017, 14:42

He also claims to have lived through the bombings in the war sheltering in gramps air raid shelter - that would make him at least 72 years old. And he's still working as a PM? Or he talking tulip? Nah, he's a brexiteer, they never talk tulip :eyes

NigelJK
28th June 2017, 14:42
There's another 2 years yet, but I guess in your business premature anything is good news.

Whorty
28th June 2017, 14:47

Great news. :banana::banana: Let's come back to these figures once we actually leave the EU and Brexit has actually happened. :banana::banana:

original PM
28th June 2017, 14:58
He also claims to have lived through the bombings in the war sheltering in gramps air raid shelter - that would make him at least 72 years old. And he's still working as a PM? Or he talking tulip? Nah, he's a brexiteer, they never talk tulip :eyes

Indeed the world is a stranger place than you would ever realise...

motoukenin
28th June 2017, 15:06
The Cretin-King is back!

Come on in - you'll soon feel the warm (but not triumphalist) glow of Brexit success.

Think you may have to start discouraging Brexiteers from coming here the dials are going off the scale for this thread, She canny take any more NL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQgXxCiEW4

Whorty
28th June 2017, 15:33
Indeed the world is a stranger place than you would ever realise...

Are you Dr Who? Do you have a time machine? Cool :music: Maybe you should do the decent thing and go back in time and tell MF not to place that bet on the Tories :D

northernladyuk
28th June 2017, 15:34
Are you Dr Who? Do you have a time machine? Cool :music: Maybe you should do the decent thing and go back in time and tell MF not to place that bet on the Tories :D

Tell him to up it to 50k.

northernladyuk
4th July 2017, 16:53
Safe space guys. I am sensing a lot of Brexiteer fragility today. Was there some positive sounding news about the pharmaceutical industry this morning?

northernladyuk
16th October 2017, 15:54
It's all getting a bit much for some of our more fragile Brexiteer friends, so let's keep it gentle on this thread, folks.

original PM
16th October 2017, 16:41
I think I am going to find a safe space and ram it up your arse you wank biscuit.

northernladyuk
16th October 2017, 17:26
I think I am going to find a safe space and ram it up your arse you wank biscuit.

Good for you, petal!

BR14
16th October 2017, 19:20
Good for you, petal!

flower
oops,sorry, - wrong thread
i'll go back to my brexit mode:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NotAllThere
16th October 2017, 19:54

It's fine. If that's what you want to do, northernladyuk's anal sphincter is ready and open for you. Lubricated with your own tears.

BR14
16th October 2017, 20:07
It's fine. If that's what you want to do, northernladyuk's anal sphincter is ready and open for you. Lubricated with your own tears.

tears of a clown?

Bean
26th October 2017, 10:53
Why isn't this thread closed then mods? :D

WTFH
26th October 2017, 10:55
Why isn't this thread closed then mods? :D

Because we are closing as they are bumped. Perhaps infracting idiots would be an easier solution?