• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strong & Stable immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong & Stable immigration

OECD: Nearly 10% living in the UK were foreign citizens | Daily Mail Online

The number of foreign citizens living in the UK surges from one in 20 to almost one in 10 in just a DECADE, claims report
    OECD study on international migration looked at the number of foreign citizens
    It found the number of foreign British citizens rose by 6.4% to 5.95million
    The data reveals that 9.2% of the British population are now born overseas
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Keeps the country competitive when there are too many native cretins like you.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

What the report fails to mention is how that number is propped up by the indigenous raw talent that has already left these shores.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 29 June 2017, 17:54.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

7.8% of the UK population lives abroad, that was in 2014 so it is probably more like 9%.

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-...le-s-countries

So wouldn't we expect there to be an equivalent proportion of foreigners living in Britain, or am I missing something
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          7.8% of the UK population lives abroad, that was in 2014 so it is probably more like 9%.

So wouldn't we expect there to be an equivalent proportion of foreigners living in Britain, or am I missing something
          its the speed not the total number
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Not neccessarily. Why should immigrants=emigrants?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              its the speed not the total number
              There are about 7 million immigrants living in the UK and 5 million UK emigrants living overseas. If the government had a policy of 0 net migration there would still be 8% foreigners living in the UK.

Is the argument therefore that the UK shuts down emigration and immigration to keep the foreign proportion of the population constant ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I suspect you would need to ask the ex-Home Secretary about why that is
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X