• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black man brutally pulled out of train by inspectors in Munich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black man brutally pulled out of train by inspectors in Munich

You're doing this to him because he's black! Screams the voice. No you daft £$£@£ they're doing this to him because he failed to provide proof of purchase or ID.

Don't get me wrong, i love the honour system we have here but boy does it get my nargels up when chancers put up a protest claiming their right to not show evidence of purchase or ID but then refuse to get off at the next stop.

Two ticket inspectors of the Deutsche Bahn German train system were caught on camera savagely dragging a black man out of a train after he reportedly refused to provide his ID and pay a fine for not having a ticket.
    The alleged fare-dodger could be seen vehemently clinging on metal handrails, as two men in uniform ferociously battle to get him out of the suburban S-Bahn train, headed to Munich city center from the airport.

While one of the inspectors tries to remove the man’s hands from the handrails, another can be seen grabbing the man’s neck as he leans back towards the doors. As the scene unfolds, a woman filming the struggle tells the inspectors: “It’s absolutely not OK what you’re doing, the guy didn’t do anything to you.”

“You should be ashamed of yourself, this is racism what you’re doing,” she can be heard saying. “Why are you doing this? He paid.” The woman continues filming until someone seemingly tries to stop her.

The two controllers eventually manage to get the man out on the platform and bring him to the ground, pressing his face against the asphalt, as the woman yells that the men in uniform were doing it “because he’s black.”
    source: https://www.rt.com/news/394435-germa...n-fare-dodger/
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Reminds me of this....

Comment

In Basel, inspectors are not allowed to get physical with recalcitrant fare dodgers. They can restrain them, but for anything more, they have to request police help.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        In Basel, inspectors are not allowed to get physical with recalcitrant fare dodgers. They can restrain them, but for anything more, they have to request police help.
        They're not allowed to in Germany either. There was another incident in Munich recently as well where a Bavarian couple were sitting opposite an Asian couple and the inspectors came on. The lady of the Asian couple had bought the wrong ticket and the inspectors were having a bit of a go at her whereupon the German couple jumped in and said that they were with them as they had a group ticket and pretended to be good friends with the Asian pair. Worked in the end...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Maybe Germany wants to be more like the USA?

I don't believe they behaviour is typical of Germans who are really nice people. As individuals. If only they could stop trying the dominate the rest of the world as a country.

Comment

Had a guy of "foreign extraction" with no ticket sitting opposite me in 1st class a few weeks back.

Ticket inspector came round & got him to try to pay for a ticket but none of his cards worked. She gave up in the end and just left him to it.

Funny, his standard of English drastically improved when he spent the rest of the journey yapping into his mobile

Comment

I got someone thrown off a train 2 weeks ago. For smoking on a train.

Comment

Travelling from Luzern, first class, just as the conductor blew his whistle, and Indian looking chap with wife, two kids and two huge suitcases piled in. The inspector began his rounds. He'd seen them get on, and it wasn't really possible to shift the suitcases along the carriages to second class - so he let them stay, seeing as first class was relatively uncrowded. The first-class ticket holders in the carriage nodded approvingly. I've also seen ticket inspectors give refunds to people who'd bought tickets for their under-six year olds.

But that's the main railway service. The ticket inspectors on trams and buses often overstep the mark - and even have had the police called out on them!

Comment

What are these 'trains' you mention? Is it something poor people use?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    What are these 'trains' you mention? Is it something poor people use?
                    Fast, comfortable, reliable, frequent, reasonably priced - even built by British engineers. What's not to like about the Swiss railway system? Btw - rich people stay rich by not spending money unnecessarily. Poor people are less careful: e.g. £10K on a May winning for a £500 potential profit.

Comment

Working...
                    X